Jacobs Document Controller in Thatcham, United Kingdom
At Jacobs, we'll inspire and empower you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow. With more than 55,000 people in 40+ countries, working at Jacobs offers an exciting range of opportunities to develop your career within a supportive and diverse team who always strive to do the right thing for our people, clients and communities.
People are Jacobs’ greatest asset, and we offer a competitive package to retain and attract the best talent.
In addition to the benefits you’d expect, UK employees also receive free single medical cover and digital GP service, family friendly benefits such as enhanced parental leave pay, free membership of employee assistance and parental programmes, plus reimbursement towards relevant professional development and memberships.
We also give back to our communities through our Collectively program which incorporates matched-funding, paid volunteering time and charitable donations.
Work-life balance and flexibility is a key focus area for Jacobs. We’re happy to discuss hybrid, part-time and flexible working hours, patterns and locations to suit you and our business.
About the Opportunity
Jacobs Field Solutions provide Engineering support and construction delivery to Defence and Nuclear sector clients from our Thatcham facility. We require an experienced Administrator to support our work at AWE.
This role will require security clearance. Previous experience on nuclear sites would be advantageous.
• Expediting and coordinating information in line with demanding programmes
• Ensuring all documentation is managed in compliance with processes, policies and procedures.
• Provide support with regards to document numbering, Revisions and the application of metadata.
• Receive, issue and control project documentation
• Check compliance and quality of documents
• Attend project meetings to provide support and address any issues to ensure the effective flow of documentation
• Provide Data Management System training where necessary
• Liaise and provide support to supply chain
• Co-ordinate with other departments to ensure the information being processed complies with their requirements for handover.
• Update project documentation trackers
• Maintain Projects filing
• Provide support to Document Control Manager
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Knowledge of various Data Management Systems
• Proficient in MS Office tools
• Security Clearance
• Previous experience on nuclear and defence projects
Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees. Find out more about life at Jacobs.
We aim to embed inclusion and diversity in everything we do. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative. We accept people for who they are, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental health, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you’re pregnant or on family leave. This is reflected in our wide range of Global Employee Networks centred on inclusion and diversity – ACE, Careers, Enlace, Harambee, OneWorld, Prism, Vetnet, and Women’s – find out more about our employee networks here.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.com to view and access our roles. As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role
If you require further support or reasonable adjustments with regards to the recruitment process (for example, you require the application form in a different format), please contact the team.
Your application experience is important to us and we’re keen to adapt to make every interaction even better. We welcome feedback on our recruitment process and if you need more from us before deciding to join Jacobs then please let us know.