Jacobs Project Manager (Delivery) in Thatcham, United Kingdom
At Jacobs, we'll inspire and empower you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow. With more than 55,000 people in 40+ countries, working at Jacobs offers an exciting range of opportunities to develop your career within a supportive and diverse team who always strive to do the right thing for our people, clients and communities.
People are Jacobs’ greatest asset, and we offer a competitive package to retain and attract the best talent.
In addition to the benefits you’d expect, UK employees also receive free single medical cover and digital GP service, family friendly benefits such as enhanced parental leave pay, free membership of employee assistance and parental programmes, plus reimbursement towards relevant professional development and memberships.
We also give back to our communities through our Collectively program which incorporates matched-funding, paid volunteering time and charitable donations.
Work-life balance and flexibility is a key focus area for Jacobs. We’re happy to discuss hybrid, part-time and flexible working hours, patterns and locations to suit you and our business.
About the Opportunity
We have an exciting opportunity for several Project Managers to join our Delivery Teams delivering construction projects at AWE. The successful candidates will become part of a respected and ambitious company’s contribution to a delivery partner venture engaged in the whole life development and implementation of infrastructure improvements across the two site.
These roles carry excellent career prospects and are full time to 2024 and beyond; candidates are welcome from all experience levels. The roles will require full time site attendance in line with AWE 9 day fortnight work pattern.
Due to the varied nature of the potential work, the candidates are required to be familiar with project development stages RIBA 2-6 from concept through to detailed design and construction / implementation using the linear integrated project lifecycle stages set by the client (APM equivalent).
The successful candidates will be flexible, knowledgeable and willing and able to function both within the team and independently as required.
These roles require management of “design and build” projects to provide facility improvements within an operational nuclear licensed site as part of a focussed programme of development, including:
• Engagement with client and customer stakeholders;
• Management of the project through the detailed design, delivery and handover phases
• Assistance to implement programme’s scope, organisation, processes and requirements
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• APM or similar qualification
• NVQ level 6 or above
• A chartered level of qualification is desirable. Graduate or other post holders not meeting this criteria should provide evidence of working in programme and project environments.
• Membership of a relevant professional body such as the APM or an engineering institution is preferred.
• Understanding and experience of project and programme management
• Understanding of the principles and practices of planning, risk and cost management at programme and project levels
• Understanding of design and development processes and their governance
• Awareness of the stage-gate principles of project delivery is required. Client specific governance processes will be explained in-post
• Awareness of UK Health and Safety Legislation. Information concerning specific company safety, quality and security procedures will be provided in-post
• Superior interpersonal skills are required to enable effective interaction with clients, seniors and peers while working in a “Team” environment
• Able to build and maintain effective internal and external working relationships.
• Must possess good communication skills (oral and written) and be able to exchange information at all levels in a clear and concise manner
• Strong organisational skills, attention to detail and quality are required along with a process improvement-oriented mindset
• Capable of effective multi-task working, identifying and managing priorities and working to challenging time scales
• Must possess good listening skills enabling requests to be assimilated and converted into action plans.
• Evidence of experience working within the construction industry; it is anticipated that candidates will have 5 years project experience or more.
• Evidence of experience within a similarly highly regulated nuclear environment is desirable
• Experience of managing cross-functional teams in a highly regulated environment is desirable
• Understanding and experience of NEC contracts is preferred
Candidates should be a UK National with Security clearance and/or an ability and willingness to be enhanced.
Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees. Find out more about life at Jacobs.
We aim to embed inclusion and diversity in everything we do. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative. We accept people for who they are, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental health, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you’re pregnant or on family leave. This is reflected in our wide range of Global Employee Networks centred on inclusion and diversity – ACE, Careers, Enlace, Harambee, OneWorld, Prism, Vetnet, and Women’s – find out more about our employee networks here.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.com to view and access our roles. As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role
If you require further support or reasonable adjustments with regards to the recruitment process (for example, you require the application form in a different format), please contact the team.
Your application experience is important to us and we’re keen to adapt to make every interaction even better. We welcome feedback on our recruitment process and if you need more from us before deciding to join Jacobs then please let us know.