Jacobs Project Manager in Thatcham, United Kingdom
Critical Mission Solutions
Your mission is our mission.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges, and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed –today and into tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Our Critical Mission Solutions business – we are invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defence, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It is our challenge as human beings, too. That is why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It is our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
About the opportunity:
Business Unit Description:
CA02 Refurb and Rekit Framework Background
• We are to manage the re-kitting, refurbishment or new build of facility services, plant and equipment related to production, engineering and science facilities at AWE's Aldermaston and Burghfield sites. This is to ensure AWE can meet current and future programmes whilst maintaining a safe and secure environment, as required by AWE's site Nuclear Licence and Environmental Permitting obligations.
• The Projects predominantly involve works within existing and operational facilities that require considerable interaction with the facility operators to ensure that operations are not impacted by any project work.
• We are looking to deliver projects to AWE in a collaborative approach, working closely to overcome issues, sharing risk in a fair and proportionate manner, provide more dependable and certain out-turns and reduce the overall cost of project delivery, to the benefit of both parties in a fair and predictable manner.
• A key step change has taken place whereby we as a supplier take a greater role in engagement with internal stakeholders (defining and agreeing requirements, arranging works access with facilities, support to Asset Change Requests, reporting etc.) allowing for greater responsibility in all aspects of the project delivery.
• Through our framework with AWE our business growth model is focussed on growth through successful delivery. Our goal is to be contractor of choice through our strong relationships and successful delivery.
• Currently the works to be undertaken for CA02 Projects are anticipated as being circa £8 to 15M and agreed on a rolling annual basis
Here’s What You’ll Need:
We currently have an opportunity for an Project Manager within our Delivery side of our Framework based out of our Thatcham office. The successful person will become part of a respected and ambitious company’s contribution to an integrated project team venture engaged in the whole life development and implementation of M&E dominated infrastructure improvements across the site. The role offers a clear career path..
Due to the varied nature of the potential work the Project Manager is required to have an understanding with project development stages RIBA 3-6 from implementation to detailed design and then in to construction using the linear integrated project lifecycle stages set by the client (APM equivalent).
The successful candidate will be flexible, considered and initially willing to work predominantly within a project team reporting to the Senior PM. As the role develops it is anticipated that a greater proportion of independent work will grow in line with the candidates personal development.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
To manage a “develop, design and build” type project or projects to provide technical facility improvements within an operational nuclear licensed site as part of a focussed programme of development. This will entail:
• Engagement with client and customer stakeholders
• Management of the project through the delivery lifecycle
• Manage implementation of programme’s scope, organisation, processes and requirements
• Understanding and experience of project and programme delivery
• Understanding of the principles and practices of planning, risk and cost management at programme and project levels
• Understanding of design and development processes and their governance
• Strong awareness of UK Health and Safety Legislation. Information concerning specific company safety, quality and security procedures will be provided in-post
• Interpersonal skills are required to enable effective interaction with clients, seniors and peers while working in a “Team” environment
• Able to build and maintain effective internal and external working relationships.
• Must possess good communication skills (oral and written) and be able to exchange information at all levels in a clear and concise manner
• Strong organisational skills, attention to detail and quality are required along with a process improvement-oriented mindset
• Capable of effective multi-task working, identifying and managing priorities and working to challenging time scales
• Must possess good listening skills enabling requests to be assimilated and converted into action plans.
• Evidence of experience working within the construction industry
• Evidence of experience within a similarly highly regulated nuclear environment is desirable
• Experience of working within a cross-functional team in a highly regulated environment is desirable
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• CSCS card
• NVQ level 3 and above
• Excellent stakeholder management skills
• Excellent communicator written and verbal
• Team player with commitment and ambition
• NEC contract experience
• Experience of complete D&B lifecycle
• Comfortable working under pressure
• Must be a UK national
• Enhanced Security Clearance
• Defence or nuclear or highly regulated industry background
• APM or similar qualified
• Security Clearance
We clear the way for inventive thinking so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We clear the way for inventive thinking, so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We’re invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.co.uk to view and access our roles.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
If you have any queries regarding the application process, please contact the team here.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.