Jacobs Senior Engineering Manager in Thatcham, United Kingdom
At Jacobs, we'll inspire and empower you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow. With more than 55,000 people in 40+ countries, working at Jacobs offers an exciting range of opportunities to develop your career within a supportive and diverse team who always strive to do the right thing for our people, clients and communities.
People are Jacobs’ greatest asset, and we offer a competitive package to retain and attract the best talent.
In addition to the benefits you’d expect, UK employees also receive free single medical cover and digital GP service, family friendly benefits such as enhanced parental leave pay, free membership of employee assistance and parental programmes, plus reimbursement towards relevant professional development and memberships.
We also give back to our communities through our Collectively program which incorporates matched-funding, paid volunteering time and charitable donations.
Work-life balance and flexibility is a key focus area for Jacobs. We’re happy to discuss hybrid, part-time and flexible working hours, patterns and locations to suit you and our business.
About the Opportunity
We have a number of exciting opportunities for Engineering Managers and Requirements Engineers to join our Non-Nuclear Engineering Partner.
Our Engineering Managers lead multi-discipline teams of design engineers and technicians, working across the full life cycle of project delivery from initial project definition and FEED studies through to detailed design, procurement, construction, commissioning and handover to operations.
We also require Requirements Engineers with knowledge of systems engineering and systems thinking, who can work with our stakeholders to define and capture user requirements in a structured way and ensure these are verified and validated during implementation.
Successful candidates will be able to communicate at all levels, have a passion for quality and the drive to deliver in line with agreed cost and schedule targets. Reporting to our Engineering & Technical Director, they will lead a team of engineering personnel and work in collaboration with our Project and Programme Managers, creating confidence in outcomes, engaging with stakeholders and implementing appropriate technical decisions and solutions. These roles will require site attendance on a flexible basis in order to develop stakeholder requirements and build the key relationships needed for success.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Degree qualified (or equivalent) in a relevant engineering discipline.
• Chartered Membership of a recognised professional institute is preferred.
• Experience and familiarity with designing for delivery/implementation and associated project construction and execution.
• Familiarity with and application of current standards within their own skill set with an overarching appreciation of multi-design interactions and interfaces.
• Understanding of design and development processes and their governance.
• Knowledge of legislation and standards relating to safety in engineering.
• Effective interpersonal skills are required to bolster interactions with clients, seniors and peers while working in a “Team” environment.
• Confidence and demonstrable capability to be able to work with minimal supervision to meet end outcomes or clearly defined targets and engage with all parties.
• Able to build and maintain effective internal and external working relationships.
• Must possess good communication skills (oral and written) and be able to exchange information at all levels in a clear and concise manner.
• Strong organisational skills, attention to detail and quality are required along with a process improvement-oriented mindset.
• Capable of effective multi-task working, identifying and managing priorities and working to challenging time scales.
• Experience of a structured approach to requirements capture, using systems engineering principles and appropriate software tools
• Candidates should demonstrate in depth experience and capability across multi-discipline engineering design.
• Experience of working in regulated industries is desirable.
Candidates need to be UK Nationals with an ability and willingness to achieve Security Clearance at SC or DV level.
Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees. Find out more about life at Jacobs.
We aim to embed inclusion and diversity in everything we do. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative. We accept people for who they are, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental health, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you’re pregnant or on family leave. This is reflected in our wide range of Global Employee Networks centred on inclusion and diversity – ACE, Careers, Enlace, Harambee, OneWorld, Prism, Vetnet, and Women’s – find out more about our employee networks here.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.com to view and access our roles. As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role
If you require further support or reasonable adjustments with regards to the recruitment process (for example, you require the application form in a different format), please contact the team.