Jacobs Environmental Remediation Project Manager - Remote/Eastern United States in Topeka, Kansas
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
When it comes to the most challenging environmental issues facing our communities today, we’re focused on developing and delivering the most innovative solutions to improve our tomorrow. We’re seeking Project Managers with a background in environmental site characterization and remediation projects to oversee the delivery of challenging projects for federal and global private sector clients.
Based in the Eastern United States (preferred locations Boston, MA, Philadelphia, PA, Washington DC, Virginia Beach, VA and Atlanta, GA), you’ll work with other scientists, engineers, subject matter experts, and project managers on exciting projects across the region and nationwide. You’ll work mainly in the office on tasks that may include data interpretation and visualization, report writing, proposal and cost estimate preparation, procurement of subcontractors, financials including invoicing to clients, staff mentorship and leadership, building client relationships, and regulatory agency correspondence. You’ll be juggling multiple tasks, so we’ll rely on you to prioritize effectively, keeping the big picture in mind.
Safety will be your priority, as you contribute to operational excellence and maintain the highest standards of Health & Safety and Environmental Compliance in everything you do.
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
This is a Hybrid position where you’ll be afforded the flexibility to work from both the office as well as from home as best suited to meet project delivery goals while maintaining balance.
Jacobs health and welfare benefits are designed to invest in you, and in the things you care about. Your health. Your well-being. Your security. Your future. Typical benefits offered include flexible work schedules and opportunities to work remotely, educational reimbursement, retirement benefits, employee stock purchase plan, health benefits, disability benefits, life and accident insurance, voluntary benefits, paid time off and paid holidays, and parental leave.
Typical salary range for this position is $ 117,400 to $154,125 , and is commensurate with experience relative to the position
Here’s What You’ll Need:
· Bachelor's degree in engineering, geology, environmental studies, or other closely related degree.
· Experience as a project manager at environmental remediation sites involving contaminated media including soil, sediments, and groundwater.
· Experience conducting site investigations/characterizations, remedial investigations, feasibility studies, engineering evaluations, and remedial designs/actions.
· Experience identifying and resolving key issues impacting remedy implementation (technical, regulatory, risk, stakeholder, land use, etc.) and emerging issues.
· Experience with leading a team in implementing site closure strategy and effectively managing change over time.
· Experience as a liaison or point of contact communicating effectivity between contractors, team members, regulatory agencies, property owners, other consultants, and clients.
· Related professional certification (or the ability to obtain and maintain), including but not limited to, Professional Engineer (P.E.) license, Professional Geologist (PG) license, or Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
Ideally, You’ll Also Have:
· Master’s degree in engineering, geology, environmental studies, or other closely related degree.
· Ability to think strategically but also critically analyze details.
· Ability to think on multiple levels while gathering, analyzing, and synthesizing all relevant data to make sound recommendations.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $15 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 60,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.