Jacobs Architect in Toronto, Ontario
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At CH2M HILL Architects we don’t just design buildings; we design state-of-the-art facilities that simplify our everyday lives and power our virtual world today and into the future. We push the limits of what’s possible to make the world smarter, more connected and more sustainable.
As an Architect , you’ll join our team in the design of state-of-the-art industrial, commercial and institutional projects, powering our virtual world today and into the future. You'll deliver detailed designs while coordinating design and construction activities, studies and analyses, as well as lead mid-size projects. You’ll have the chance to utilize your great communication skills and technical expertise mentoring other team members, while also learning from those around you. The role requires regular construction site visits to perform general reviews of construction progress.
Come be a part of a vibrant, dynamic team that delivers world class designs for our clients. Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Masters or Bachelors of Architecture degree
• Professional Architect licensed with the OAA
• At least 5 years of licensed experience with the OAA or other Canadian jurisdiction
• Thorough understanding of the Ontario Building Code or National Building Code with hands-on experience in building code analysis and permitting
• Experience working on small and mid-size commercial, industrial or institutional projects in various phases (preliminary design, CDs, construction phases)
• Experienced in construction detailing and specifications
• Software Capabilities: Revit or AECOSIM, Autocad, Bluebeam, Adobe Creative Suite
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.