Jacobs Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) Administrator Transit in Toronto, Ontario
Jacobs is a full-service transportation, infrastructure and environmental firm providing global project delivery for public and private sector clients. We offer complete project management, planning, engineering design, technology, construction, financing and project development services. Our fast-growing team is currently delivering some of North America’s most exciting transportation and infrastructure planning and design assignments.
We are looking for a client facing, highly personable individual to develop and manage a Computerized Maintenance Management System.Under general direction from the Project management group and client, the successful candidate is to develop and/or coordinate the development; and management of a new CMMS system for our client in Montreal.
The following duties are a representative of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional, position-specific duties.
Develop and/or coordinate the development of a new CMMS system.
Establishes, maintains and ensures consistent application of the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) procedures, security assignments and codes required to interface with maintenance, purchasing, and inventory functions.
· Manages and troubleshoots the CMMS. Identifies opportunities to upgrade or replace hardware/software to meet the current and future needs of its users and management, recommends changes, and participates in the acquisition, implementation and follow-on management of purchases.
· Ensures system, software, training, and reports accurately and effectively function with the most current versions and applications. Participates in requisite CMMS training and education and keeps abreast of software changes in order to remain informed on its use and function.
· Coordinates the planning, design and establishment of data entry standards used in the CMMS. Establishes, reassigns, revises or deletes records in key data tables in response to system user requirements as applied through use of department policies and standards.
· Designs security levels for individuals and groups in accordance with the guidelines and objectives provided by the Project Manager.
· Develops and manages standards/procedures used for entering facility-wide information, and setting system defaults for each site, purchasing center, and warehouses.
· Coordinates with Engineering, Information Technology (IT), and CMMS users to facilitate the importing and exporting of equipment, inventory and other data.
· Designs and creates reports and other reporting tools used in work order and inventory analysis graphs.
· Monitors the change process for system procedures and standards. Evaluates change proposals, coordinates change development, and implements change. Develops tests and evaluates application responses to changes in operating, application, and data environments.
· Manages the establishment and use of global codes used in the CMMS.
· Coordinates with the Client’s Shops in the management of facility asset records and preventative maintenance schedules. Performs periodic analysis of preventative maintenance program and presents analysis to Project Managers and/or Client Supervisors.
· Advises on and participates in the training of the CMMS users.
Coordinates the interface between maintenance, purchasing, and inventory to support the maintenance function including the establishment and maintenance of equipment master, labor, and inventory records.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical and/ or electrical engineering is preferable and some transit engineering experience would be an advantage ; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Job: *Engineering - Mechanical
Title: Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) Administrator Transit
Location: CA ONTARIO-Toronto
Requisition ID: 180004GC
Other Locations: CA ONTARIO-Ottawa
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.