Jacobs Electrical Engineering Designer /CADD in Toronto, Ontario
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we do not settle – always looking beyond to raise the bar and deliver with excellence. We apply our expertise and knowledge as we look into the future with great optimism and focus. We don’t settle until we give our best and know that we’re making a difference.
We are looking for an Electrical Engineering Designer /CADD to join our growing team in Toronto, ON . In this role, you’ll be responsible for preparing contract drawings, documents, and technical manuals often working closely with engineers to coordinate designs in both Instrument & Controls and Electrical disciplines. This position is intended to lead to additional responsibilities including Electrical designs for both buildings and infrastructure projects.
In this role you’ll prepare contract documents including specifications and drawings for electrical, instrumentation, control, and automation systems. You will also provide support for electrical and instrumentation & control design, startup, and field commissioning activities. You will review contractor submittals against design requirements, as well as complete tasks and assignments in line with project budget and schedule requirements.
As the ideal candidate, you’ll have some knowledge of electrical power distribution systems, electrical engineering technologies in building services systems such as lighting, lighting control systems, fire alarm and detection systems, site and building security systems, structured cabling for telecommunications, and auxiliary alarms and equipment related to process design.
Bring your curiosity, talent for multi-tasking and collaboration, and extreme organizational skills and we’ll help you grow, pursue and fulfill what drives you – so we can make big impacts on the world, together.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Post-secondary education and degree related to Control Systems, Computer Technology, or Electrical Engineering technology
• 3-8 years of relevant experience preferred
• Capable with Electrical 3D Modeling in Bentley AECOsim. Capable with Electrical 2D Drafting in Bentley Microstation and Autodesk AutoCAD for creation and development of design deliverables
• Capable of 3D design and coordination within Bentley iTwin and Autodesk Navisworks
• Understanding of the Ontario Electrical Safety Code and Ontario Building Code and how to apply these requirements to design development
• Desire to independently learning new technologies and skills applicable to the field
• Knowledge of AutoDesk REVIT Electrical would be an asset
• Experience with Bentley OpenPlant P&ID or Autodesk Plant3D P&ID for managing I&C data and drawings would be an asset
• EIT an asset
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.