Jacobs Head of Program Health and Safety - Transit / Rail in Toronto, Ontario
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Jacob's has a growing business in major transit programs and requires a Head of Program Health and Safety to lead an important critical team. The incumbent will be a Health and Safety Professional, who has substantial experience in all subject areas of program and project health and safety, as well as the ability to provide guidance and leadership. The successful candidate will serve as a thought-leader, technical expert, process innovator, quality motivator, mentor and coach in health and safety.
You will help to foster our Beyond Zero culture of caring and focus on continuous improvement, demonstrating adaptability and commitment to supporting our team and client across the program in our journey to H&S excellence.
This is an exciting opportunity to lead and influence our business and wider industry.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Liaise with the client, and other key stakeholders, regarding their priorities, goals, and expectations for Health and Safety on the program.
• Work with the Client to Develop and set up the overall Health and Safety vision, strategy and system for the program, ensuring alignment to the client requirements and expectations.
• Lead actions and initiatives to transform and improve the approach to H&S through the lifecycle of the program.
• Educate the senior management on the program’s H&S system and policy, including risks, issues and obligations.
• Secure support from leadership on the approach to manage the program’s H&S compliance risks, issues and obligations.
• Obtain and maintain the resources required to ensure that the program’s H&S responsibilities are met.
• Liaise with the client for the program H&S requirements and ensure they are cascaded down to vendors and sub-vendors.
• Provide assurance that the program health and safety information is being disseminated to vendors and sub-vendors.
• Manage the H&S team's scope of work, schedule, and staff assignments, and provide them with chartering/orientation/refresher sessions.
• Provide management and technical leadership, and sound H&S guidance to the Client Delivery teams.
• Ensure the Program H&S planning requirements are well understood and followed by vendors and sub-vendors
• Ensuring that appropriate governance arrangements are in place for oversight of vendors activities.
• Ensure that H&S performance, including objectives, targets, and KPIs, are accurately measured, monitored and reported by vendors and sub-vendors.
You’ll also need:
• Experience in driving transformational change.
• A vision of how we move forward, with a practical solution-orientated approach to allow for successful delivery.
• Ability to navigate, influence and build trust across a matrix organization.
• A strong industry profile.
• Significant experience of leading, developing and coaching
• High profile, project/program delivery experience.
• Innovative thinking which has practical application in the real world.
• Well-developed commercial acumen and understanding of delivery and demands to plan capacity.
• CRSP or equivalent.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.