Jacobs Life Sciences Process Architect in Toronto, Ontario
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At CH2M HILL Architects we don’t just design buildings; we design state-of-the-art facilities that simplify our everyday lives and power our virtual world today and into the future. We push the limits of what’s possible to make the world smarter, more connected and more sustainable.
As a Life Sciences Process Architect you’ll join our Toronto team and work with one or more clients in the Pharma-Bio industry to solve various problems associated with their projects. As a highly technical or functional expert, you’ll analyze and perform highly specialized technical tasks associated with cutting-edge technology. You’ll successfully define, develop and execute project tasks and deliverables, be a collaborative team player, develop and maintain client relationship and have a drive to deliver to customers.
You’ll be designing cGMP facilities, demonstrating knowledge of personnel, material and waste flows, and regulatory requirements regarding room classification, adjacencies, conditions and finishes. You’ll develop solutions for complex cGMP facilities with high degree of innovation and ingenuity and will develop masterplan, program and building plans according to client needs and budget for Feasibility, Conceptual, Schematic, and/or Detail Design Phases.
You’ll administer building projects for clients demonstrating capability in architectural design, construction detailing and procedures along with zoning and building codes. You’ll develop and present advanced concepts, project studies, reports, construction details, and facility standards. You’ll coordinate with other project engineering disciplines to provide an integrated solution for client review and approval, and will consult and coordinate with management constructively on significant project and office matters.
You’ll have the chance to utilize your great communication skills and technical expertise mentoring other team members, while also learning from those around you. You’ll maintain current knowledge of relevant developments in your professional area of expertise, participate in special projects, and represent Jacobs at various technical conferences as needed.
Bring your creativity, enthusiastic spirit and attention to detail, and we’ll help you grow, pursue and fulfill what drives you – so we can deliver extraordinary solutions for a better tomorrow, together.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Masters or Bachelors of Architecture degree
• At least 15 years of work experience related to design of Pharmaceutical, Biotech and Science & Manufacturing and Research facilities
• Licensed with the OAA or other equivalent provincial Architectural Association
• In-depth understanding of Life Sciences client requirements and how they relate within the current technical environment
• Operating facility or equipment design experience a plus
• Ability to anticipate needs and formulate customized solutions to client issues that address the successful management and/or delivery of proposed projects
• Ability to deliver and support technical presentations to clients and staff
• Experience working with Sales Leadership on new business proposals and proposal development
• Experience in designing and embedding performance management programs, focused on quality, accountability, and improvement as they relate to project success
• Experience leading the development of deliverable content that meets the needs of the client
• Ability to travel (post-Covid); Conducting global site visits to support program and technical reviews and presents on project status
• Proven ability to author articles and to present at conferences and evidence of active participation in industry organizations required
• Proficient in the use of AutoCAD, SketchUp, Bluebeam and other programs to succinctly convey ideas
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.