Jacobs Manager, Water Master Planning / Class EAs in Toronto, Ontario
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
We have an exciting management leadership opportunity to support our Toronto and Kitchener, ON offices and provide leadership, technical expertise, and discipline in project execution. Work from home option. Only attend client meetings and conduct public consultations in the Toronto and /or KWO area up to10% of the time.
Jacobs is ranked #1 in the world by ENR for Wastewater Treatment and Conveyance Design. We provide a full service offering to our clients from planning and design through construction. Working with a team of highly motivated engineers, scientists, and project managers, you’ll champion the delivery of high-quality projects that meet or exceed client expectations. You’ll also be a strong safety proponent /leader for our safety policies and our culture of caring.
You’ll oversee Environmental Assessments and associated master plan development focused on municipal water and wastewater treatment facilities. You’ll develop execution plans for projects, including scope, fee, schedule, quality, health and safety, risk management, and change management plans; you’ll negotiate and manage sub-agreements, track, control, and report on project performance, ensure of timely invoicing and cash collection, while also providing guidance related to environmental matters including supporting discussions, permit, and approvals with regulatory agencies. You’ll also provide advice related to environmental legislation, standards, guidelines, and policies within Ontario.
With your unflinching focus on our clients’ satisfaction, you’ll maintain regular and effective communication with clients. You’ll actively support the Business Development Manager and Client Service Managers in developing and expanding opportunities with existing and new clients. You’ll have the opportunity to provide input into growth and delivery strategy within the geography.
Join our team and apply your knowledge, skills, and experience to some of the most challenging and interesting projects and programs in the Canadian water and wastewater field.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related field
• At least 10 years of relevant experience, with expertise in leading municipal class environmental assessment processes in each phase, and the development and updating of water and wastewater master plans
• Significant project management experience in multi-disciplinary projects and /or portfolio management or multi-project management, including project planning, scheduling, estimating, and budgeting, progress and performance monitoring and reporting
• Thorough understanding of environmental legislation, policies, standards and guidelines applicable to water and wastewater infrastructure projects in Ontario
• Demonstrated experience in preparation of environmental input to contract documentation including commitments made through environmental assessment, stakeholder agreements and permit /approval related requirements.
• Experience in environmental assessment and associated environmental technical studies (e.g., environmental study report, natural heritage, archaeology, heritage, noise, vibration, air quality, soil, groundwater, contamination)
• Experience delivering engineering projects, maintain excellent client relationships in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) and southern Ontario
Ideally, You’ll Also Have:
• P.Eng. or another professional license
• Completion of formal PM training in an accredited program that aligns with the requirements of Certified Project Management bodies (e.g., PMI)
• Advanced technical writing abilities
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.