Jacobs Project Controls Manager, Transit / Rail - Toronto in Toronto, Ontario
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Serve as a thought-leader and innovator in program and project controls.
• Provide direction and expertise to project controls-related activities for assigned projects in support of the planning and execution of operational requirements.
• Provide leadership on strategic initiatives within a department or project team. Provide advice and counsel to teams or individuals in all areas of professional expertise.
• Matrixed accountability to a Program Package VP and Head of Program Services. Provide the client accurate project controls information in line with meeting program and project goals.
• Create, implement, and execute proper controls to proactively support, monitor, and communicate budget, actual status, and forecast for cost and delivery time frames for active and developing projects.
• Successfully manage the relationships between the project controls functions including estimating, scheduling, cost control, risk management, and reporting for the program, projects and departmental process development and implementation.
• Resolve issues and provide consistency between the cost control, planning/scheduling, and estimating functions and deliverables.
• Establish and effectively leverage cross-discipline relationships within the departmental groups or project leadership teams to facilitate the development and implementation of effective and efficient project controls systems, processes and procedures.
• Develop and maintain meaningful relationships with applicable external entities such as stakeholders, external partners, contractors, subcontractors, and other suppliers.
• Represent project controls at project strategy coordination meetings.
• Proven record of progressive experience in program and project controls
• Able to interact with clients, establish relationship and articulate project wide issues
Project Delivery Knowledge
• Experience is required across all project delivery methods, including Design-Build, Design-Bid-Build, and Public Private Partnerships/ AFP delivery.
• Apply the principles of project controls to cost control, planning/scheduling, estimating, document management, risk assessment, contract administration, report development and business system integration.
• Having a background in project scheduling or related experience is an asset.
• Demonstrate effective leadership in the execution of project controls activities within the department.
• Responsible for staffing, resource planning and staff development.
• Ability to influence and advise client staff and peers
• Can effectively communicate concerns, complexities, general project controls information and other considerations to varied audiences including clients, departmental management, engineering, project and construction management, and project teams.
• Can define and prepare accurate and meaningful reports, narratives, letters and memorandum which clearly communicate status, issues or other concerns on behalf of the program controls department.
• Effectively manage and communicate with staff to organize and motivate them
• Be proficient with spreadsheets, word processing software, databases and report writers.
• Be knowledgeable on business systems and the dependencies of these systems with program controls. Experience with specialized controls tools such as P6, CM14, Unifier, Ecosys, and ARM is an asset
• Define the strategy, deployment, and modification of program and project controls systems as appropriate to support project-specific execution requirements.
• Implement and effectively use company and industry-standard project controls systems.
Job: *Project Controls and Scheduling
Title: Project Controls Manager, Transit / Rail - Toronto
Location: CA ONTARIO-Toronto
Requisition ID: 180004FY
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.