Jacobs Senior Building Mechanical Engineer - Toronto, ON in Toronto, Ontario
As a Senior Building Mechanical Engineer, you will participate in the design development, application, evaluation, recommendation, and specification of engineered systems or products for building HVAC, Plumbing, and Fire Protection Systems. In this role you will be responsible for the design and execution of projects ranging in size and complexity, with a focus on building mechanical systems for different types of buildings such as water/wastewater treatment, transportation, industrial, commercial, institutional, educational, etc.
The successful candidate will also be responsible for providing technical proactive mentorship to junior and intermediate mechanical staff, developing and maintaining new and existing clients, coordinating skillsets with other teams and disciplines, and satisfying customer requirements. If you’re up for the challenge, we’ve been looking for someone just like you. Join our team and help us lay the foundation for human progress.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Solve problems by use of requisite knowledge and application of building codes, energy codes, and other related standards such as NFPA standards and ASHRAE standards. Knowledge of the requirements and the process for building permits applications with Ontario municipalities is preferred.
• Lead building mechanical discipline on various projects of different sizes and complexities and have a solid understanding of all phases of construction document production and the relationship between drawings and specifications.
• Have strong knowledge of mechanical systems, means and methods, materials, and industry standards applied to design work. Knowledge of and experience with high performance and sustainable building practices is preferred.
• Nurture and maintain strong client relationships in and for execution of projects, and as appropriate, support specific sales, proposal, and project efforts
• Provide strong technical proactive mentorship to junior and intermediate mechanical engineers and technologists.
• Attend project meetings as Building Mechanical discipline lead or Quality Control reviewer and support the coordinate and quality assurance process with other discipline leads.
• Conduct peer reviews of engineering calculations, drawings and specifications within the mechanical team. Participates in constructability reviews.
• Design building HVAC, Plumbing and Fire Protection systems.
• Prepare technical specifications and documents for bidding and construction.
• Participates and collaborates in project team setting, with a thorough understanding of mechanical engineering concepts and have ability to effectively communicate ideas to others. Advanced oral and written communication skills is preferred.
• Assist with determining the scope and fee for proposed engineering services.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering is required.
• Professional Engineer licensed in Ontario is required.
• LEED® Accredited Professional or LEED® Green Associated is preferred. ISI Envision is a benefit.
• 15 years of design experience HVAC, plumbing and fire protection systems in Ontario is required. 5 years of related working experience in a design/consulting environment in Mechanical engineering is preferred
• Solid knowledge and application of the mechanical and/or plumbing requirements per building codes, energy codes, and other related standards such as NFPA standards and ASHRAE standards
• Experience in HVAC, plumbing and fire protection system design for commercial, water/wastewater treatment, transportation, office, retail, hospitality, educational, institutional, industrial, and other similar building types is preferred
• Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are essential.
• Forward thinking, eager to learn best practices, and contribute with innovative ideas
• Displayed ability to learn quickly and driven to broaden knowledge base
• Ability to collaborate and work effectively in a variety of teams, including multi-disciplinary teams
• Passionate about buildings and construction
Job: *Engineering - Mechanical
Title: Senior Building Mechanical Engineer - Toronto, ON
Location: CA ONTARIO-Toronto
Requisition ID: 180004CX
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.