Jacobs Senior Buildings Mechanical Engineer in Toronto, Ontario
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
We share a common purpose – to make the world more connected and sustainable. And we’re excited about the innovative ways we can change the world. If you are also interested in turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good, then Jacobs is where you belong.
We are looking for several passionate and dedicated Senior Buildings Mechanical Engineers to join our Ontario team. As part of our team, you’ll have the chance to work on projects that bring innovative solutions to our municipal clients’ water and wastewater challenges locally and worldwide. You can be located in GTA or in the KWO area.
You’ll be charged with designing and leading teams in design of water and wastewater pump stations, treatment facilities/processes for water and wastewater plants, conveyance systems, technical writing, and construction drawing and specification production.
You’ll participate in the design development, application, evaluation, recommendation, and specification of engineered systems or products for building HVAC, Plumbing, and Fire Protection Systems. You’ll be responsible for the design and execution of projects ranging in size and complexity, with a focus on building mechanical systems for different types of buildings such as water/wastewater treatment, transportation, industrial, commercial, institutional, educational, etc.
You’ll also nurture and maintain strong client relationships in and for execution of projects, and as appropriate, support specific sales, proposal, and project efforts. You’ll provide strong technical proactive mentorship to junior and intermediate mechanical engineers and technologists and attend project meetings as Building Mechanical Discipline Lead or Quality -Control reviewer and support the coordinate and quality assurance process with other discipline leads.
Bring your curiosity, talent for multi-tasking and collaboration, and extreme organizational skills and we’ll help you grow, pursue and fulfill what drives you – so we can make big impacts on the world, together.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
• Professional Engineer licensed in Ontario
• LEED Accredited Professional or LEED Green Associated is preferred. ISI Envision is a benefit
• At least 10 years of design experience HVAC, plumbing and fire protection systems for water /wastewater facilities; Ontario municipal experience preferred
• At least 5 years of related working experience in a design /consulting environment in Mechanical engineering
• Solid knowledge and application of the mechanical and/or plumbing requirements per building codes, energy codes, and other related standards such as NFPA standards and ASHRAE standards
• Experience in HVAC, plumbing and fire protection system design for commercial, water/wastewater treatment, transportation, office, retail, hospitality, educational, institutional, industrial, and other similar building types is preferred; healthcare /long term care system design experience would be an asset
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are essential.
• Forward thinking, eager to learn best practices, and contribute with innovative ideas
• Displayed ability to learn quickly and driven to broaden knowledge base
• Ability to collaborate and work effectively in a variety of teams, including multi-disciplinary teams
• Passionate about buildings and construction
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.