Jacobs Senior Mechanical Engineer in Toronto, Ontario
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
We are looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our Toronto team who is excited about solving the most complex building mechanical systems issues for our clients. Join us and you will be in a lead role of the technical support in the design development, application, evaluation, recommendation, and specification of engineered systems or products for building mechanical systems, such as HVAC, Plumbing, Fire Protection, etc. Building types will include water/wastewater treatment, transportation, industrial, commercial, institutional, educational, etc.
You will continue to gain experience and lead intermediate and junior staff members on all phases of construction document preparation including mechanical equipment condition assessment, specification writing, drawings development, cost estimation, participating in client design review meetings/workshops. Your role will also include project tender and construction tasks typically associated with the role of a consulting engineer including engaging with the supply authorities, responding to requests from contractors and clients, reviewing shop drawings, preparing site instructions and change orders, and regular site visits. You will play an active role in project proposal preparation and support Jacobs’ marketing team where you will lead the mechanical aspects of the proposal documents.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
· Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
· Professional Engineer license in Ontario or another province
· At least 17 years of related/proven working experience in a design/consulting environment in Mechanical engineering within Canada/USA
· Experience dealing with local utilities for service connection, design compliance and coordination i.e., Enbridge, TSSA, City of Toronto Water department, etc.
· Experience of preparation Mechanical Condition Assessment for various clients
· Solid knowledge and application of the mechanical and/or plumbing requirements per building codes, energy codes, and other related standards such as NFPA standards and ASHRAE standards
· Experience in HVAC, plumbing and fire protection system design for commercial, water/wastewater treatment, transportation, office, retail, hospitality, educational, institutional, industrial, and other similar building types is preferred
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Forward thinking, eager to learn best practices, and contribute with innovative ideas
· Ability to collaborate and work effectively in a variety of teams, including multi-disciplinary teams
· Experience with staff supervision and mechanical group operation support
· Experience with Energy Modeling (for LEED documentation)
· Knowledge of CADD design software such as AutoCADD and Microstation as well as design in 3D (i.e. modelling and drafting) an asset
We offer certain flexibility around your schedule and work from home /office arrangements post-Covid (currently we work from home). Candidates outside the GTA will be considered.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.