Jacobs Senior Project Manager /Planner in Toronto, Ontario
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we push the limits of what’s possible so we can improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomize the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Project Manager /Planner to support our Toronto and Kitchener, ON offices and provide leadership, technical expertise, and discipline in project execution. You'll work mostly from home, but will be expected to attend client meetings and conduct public consultations in the Toronto and /or KWO area.
Working with a team of highly motivated engineers, scientists, and project managers, you’ll champion the delivery of high-quality projects that meet or exceed client expectations and deliver planned profits. You’ll also be a strong safety proponent /leader for our safety policies and our culture of caring.
You’ll oversee Environmental Assessments and associated master plan development (focusing on water and wastewater treatment facilities). You’ll develop execution plans for projects, including scope, fee, schedule, quality, health and safety, risk management, and change management plans; you’ll negotiate and manage sub-agreements, track, control and report on project performance, ensure of timely invoicing and cash collection, while also providing guidance related to environmental matters including supporting discussions, permit, and approvals with regulatory agencies. You’ll also provide advice related to environmental legislation, standards, guidelines and policies within Ontario.
With your unflinching focus on our clients’ satisfaction, you’ll maintain regular and effective communication with clients. You’ll actively support the Business Development Manager and Client Service Managers in developing and expanding opportunities with existing and new clients. You’ll have the opportunity to provide input into growth and delivery strategy within the geography.
Join our team and apply your knowledge, skills and experience to some of the most challenging and interesting projects and programs in the Canadian water and wastewater field.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related field
• At least 15 years of relevant experience, with expertise in leading municipal class environmental assessment processes in each phase, developing and updating water and wastewater master plans
• Significant PM experience in multi-disciplinary projects and /or portfolio management or multi-project management, including project planning, scheduling, estimating, and budgeting, progress and performance monitoring and reporting
• Thorough understanding of environmental legislation, policies, standards and guidelines applicable to water and wastewater infrastructure projects in Ontario
• Demonstrated experience in preparation of environmental input to contract documentation including commitments made through Environmental Assessment, stakeholder agreements and permit /approval related requirements.
• Experience in environmental assessment and associated environmental technical studies (e.g., environmental study report, natural heritage, archaeology, heritage, noise, vibration, air quality, soil, groundwater, contamination)
• Experience delivering engineering projects, maintain excellent client relationships in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) and southern Ontario
• P.Eng. or another professional license would be an asset
• Completion of formal PM training in an accredited program that aligns with the requirements of Certified Project Management bodies (e.g., PMI) is an asset
• Advanced technical writing abilities
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.