Jacobs Systems Engineering & Assurance Manager - Transit / Rail in Toronto, Ontario
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and energetic Systems Engineering & Assurance Manager, here in Toronto, who is ready to challenge today and reinvent tomorrow.
As the Systems Engineering & Assurance Manager you will have the opportunity to assist teams in delivering systems engineering & assurance activities across a major Transit and Rail mega-project and when completed, will change the lives of millions of Greater Toronto and Hamilton area citizens.
You’ll be a creative systems thinker who understands and can perform technical project management as part of an integrated project team to develop and implement system engineering and assurance management for a commuter railway mega-project during various project phases.
In this role, you’ll undertake the compliance review of Project Co and its Lead Program Partners (LPP) contract submittals and other project deliverables as required. You will ensure, as part of systems assurance, the rail systems, including infrastructure, rolling stock and operations are designed, built, operated and maintained to meet safety, reliability and performance requirements as set in the Project Agreement and appropriate industry standards.
Additionally, you’ll also independently perform a variety of technical, analytical, management and contract administration work related to specification, design, construction, and commissioning of large rail infrastructure project(s).
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Deep knowledge of systems engineering, assurance and integration fundamentals, contract management strategies, and relevant industry practices, such as the INCOSE Systems Engineering Body of Knowledge and ISO/IEC/IEEE 15288, EN50126 (RAMS)
• Proven capacity to deeply understand and analyze complex issues and to effectively articulate those issues to senior client representatives in a clear and concise fashion both verbally and in written form.
• General awareness of emerging issues and ability to identify and characterize risks including quantification and strategies for mitigation.
• Experience in managing interfaces across multiple organizations and multidisciplinary teams, providing relevant expertise.
• Knowledge of civil/structural engineering, electrification, signaling, general railway engineering, vehicle engineering would be an asset.
Here is what you’ll do:
• Provide technical, strategic recommendations and guidance to the client.
• Undertake compliance reviews of submittals and other project deliverables.
• Verify project and stakeholder requirements have been implemented.
• Ensure interfaces across multiple organizations (internal and external) and multidisciplinary teams are managed effectively.
• Manage issues related to the implementation of systems engineering and assurance with a focus on verification and validation and systems integration.
• Monitor and track outstanding work and deficiencies and ensure resolution prior to significant project milestones.
• Keep senior management and others routinely informed of project status and all developments that can impact project cost, schedule, safety, and reputation through regular reports.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.