Jacobs Transit Project Risk Manager in Toronto, Ontario
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
We are currently looking for self-starting and motivated risk professionals to join our high performing team on a multi-billion-dollar transit program in the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area (GTHA). As the Transit Project Risk Manager, you will play a leading role in the project risk management at the project level.
The successful candidates will
• Actively participate in project discussions and help your project team identify, assess and manage risks, whether positive or negative, throughout the planning, procurement and construction phases.
• Act as the leader in risk management for the assigned project.
• Facilitate risk workshops and review meetings with the project team and other project stakeholders on a regular basis.
• Develop and maintain project risk register(s).
• Maintain data/information in risk management software.
• Conduct quantitative risk analyses (schedule and/or cost) to support the project team in decision making.
• Conduct other ad-hoc risk analyses as required by the project and/or the program.
• Develop and update risk reports/dashboards on a regular basis and present them to the project leadership team.
• Working closely with other project control teams, such as scheduling and cost control, integrate risk management with those disciplines.
• Working with the Program Risk Lead, ensure the risk management process complies with the Risk Management Plan and Procedure set out at the program or the portfolio level.
• Support continuous improvement in risk management processes and methods.
• Assess risk management performance, including using health checks and other measures.
• Provide guidance and support to improve risk management capability of the project team.
• Develop and maintain a risk culture for the project team.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• At least 8 years of relevant experience including 5 or more years of experience in a project risk management related role
• At least 5 years of experience in a civil infrastructure / construction project context and/or a project management / project controls environment
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Construction Management or degree in an applicable analytical subject, or equivalent
• Demonstrable technical knowledge and experience in project risk management, including quantitative risk analyses and the interpretation of outputs
• Well versed in risk management theory, principles and practice
• Well versed in broader project controls theory, principles and practice
• Excellent people skills and ability to communicate / interface effectively with a variety of project team members and stakeholders
• Experience in the application of Quantitative Risk Analysis (QRA) techniques and tools, for example: @Risk, Crystal Ball, Primavera Risk Analysis, Safran Risk, Acumen Risk
• Understanding of construction contracts and the relationship between risk management and controls/management functions including project management, change control, planning & scheduling, cost & commercial management, and reporting
• Strong communication, interpersonal and facilitation skills
• Collaborative working style and consulting behaviours
• A logical approach and ability to think through complex issues to co-ordinate multi-faceted aspects of projects
You'll also need:
• Demonstrable knowledge through an appropriate risk management qualification (i.e. undergraduate/postgraduate degree, PMI-RMP, Canadian Risk Management (CRM) designation or equivalent)
• Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent
• Experience in application of a variety of contract models
• Evidence of previous experience in the production of risk management plans, processes & procedures within projects
• An understanding of planning techniques and tools, including P6 and Microsoft Project
• Experience of working in a client environment
• A good knowledge of Microsoft Tools and Apps, particularly Excel, Word, PowerPoint
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.