Jacobs Transportation Project Manager, Technical Advisory in Toronto, Ontario
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
We are looking for a highly motivated and personable individual to help lead and expand our technical advisory services in Ontario. As a Project Manager of Technical Advisory Services, you will be responsible for leading, undertaking and/or coordinating the delivery on multiple assignments simultaneously, coordinating the reference concept design, the development of technical specifications, procurement advisory, and design/construction phase oversight. You will liaise with our local and global technical, engineering and design resources. The role will be based out of our Toronto office.
In this role you will:
• Lead and coordinate the development of the Preliminary and/or Reference Concept Design of transportation projects of various sizes.
• Lead and coordinate development of the development of procurement documents, including technical requirements or specifications.
• Advise the client on technical and/or commercial matters throughout the procurement phase.
• Lead and coordinate activities and deliverables in the design and construction phase, leading to substantial and final completion.
• Providing consistency and efficiencies in project delivery including scope, schedule, budget and other specified requirements stated in the contract.
• Serve as a technical leader and mentor to junior staff by assisting with answering technical questions and concerns.
• Champion the delivery of high quality projects that meet or exceed client expectations.
• Manage and coordinate discipline leads to deliver project deliverables.
• Monitor project design execution and progress, staff resource, schedule, scope, and budget.
• Develop client relationships in key markets and help to identify upcoming opportunities.
• Work with the sales team in client strategy, production and pricing of proposals.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or related field.
8+ years of experience in preliminary or detail design, procurement advisory, and/or construction oversight of major capital projects in Ontario.
Licensed professional engineer in the Province of Ontario.
Clear verbal and written communication skills.
Lead roles in transportation projects in transit, highway/bridge, and/or municipal engineering and construction major capital projects.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
Experience in complex transportation assignments.
Experience with Environmental Assessment, Preliminary/Reference Concept Design and Detail Design assignments.
Experience developing and monitoring delivery budgets on complex multi-phase capital projects.
Experience with design build and PPP or various alternative delivery models.
Experience with transportation departments/ministries, transit agencies, and municipal clients.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.