Jacobs Senior EC&I Engineer / Starší projektant inštalacií a riadiacich systémov in Trnava, Slovakia
Jacobs is committed to offering a career within one company and recognises the exceptional talent we have in our people. As Jacobs evolves, we want to inspire and empower you to develop your career so you too can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow
About the Opportunity
Our Slovakian business delivers a wide range of solutions, across a variety of clients and business sectors through the full project lifecycle from feasibility to commissioning. Our history in working in diverse sectors, particularly in highly regulated industries such as nuclear and chemicals are helping us to develop solutions in challenging environments and to support the focus on clean energy. We have passion to deliver solutions to our clients that are supporting the energy transition through current projects in green hydrogen, fusion technology, carbon capture and utilisation, and nuclear.
As a result of an increasing portfolio of projects, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Electrical Control & Instrumentation Engineer to join our Slovakian Office delivering work across Europe.
You will be responsible for supporting and leading on the EC&I design activities for our projects and will report to a Discipline Lead Engineer who will provide you with support and guidance in the role. Some tasks will require you to work independently whilst others will work within a multi-discipline team to deliver the EC&I scope. You will be responsible for ensuring our designs meet the project requirements and our client’s expectations.
Candidates can be either electrically, control systems or instrumentation biased.
Your responsibilities will include:
· Producing, checking, and providing technical input to EC&I Design Deliverables, for example:
o Technical Reports
o Drawings & Equipment Schedules
· Working collaboratively with other disciplines, stakeholders, and the wider project team
· Coordinating a team of designers and engineers to deliver tasks
· Monitoring and reporting on progress of deliverables
· Proactively creating innovative options within projects to offer to clients to improve both the chance of winning work and satisfaction with completed, and ongoing work
· Providing functional support and guidance to more junior staff to develop them as individuals and the capability of the team
· Implementing engineering procedures and maintaining standards of technical quality;
· Applying knowledge of commonly used process engineering and design concepts, principles, best practices, codes, and guidelines related to process engineering industry.
Here’s what you’ll need :
Here's What You'll Need:
· Employment on the basis of a full-time employment contract,
· The ability to work in an office or a hybrid model,
· Work in an experienced project team, on international/long-term projects in a company present in all areas of infrastructure,
· Cooperation with engineers from foreign Jacobs’s offices,
· The opportunity to participate in initiatives related to innovation and its practical use in the automation and optimization of design using various technologies, tools and programming languages,
· Membership in Jacobs social networks (Women’s network, One World, PRISM, Careers Network, Collectively and others) and participation in initiatives related to their activities,
· Benefits package
Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees. Find out more about life at Jacobs. (https://careers.jacobs.com/life-at-jacobs/)
Please note that in order to be considered for this position you need to be resident in, or willing to relocate to, the country this position is advertised in, and a. have a current right to work visa in that country, or b. be prepared to go through a work visa process if the hiring manager/business unit is willing to accommodate this.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.