Jacobs Database Administrator - Mid Level in Tyndall Afb, Florida
Challenging Today. Reinventing Tomorrow.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
At Jacobs, we challenge the status quo and redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges, transforming big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow
Jacobs is seeking a qualified Database Administrator to support the United States Air Force’s 53rd Wing Technical Support Services (53rd WTSS) contract. This contract supports the 53rd Wing and 96th Test Wing, both headquartered at Eglin AFB, FL and having units CONUS-wide. The 53 WG is the focal point for the Combat Air Forces in electronic warfare and is responsible for operational test and evaluation of advanced equipment and systems. The 96 TW is the USAF’s test and evaluation center for advanced air-delivered weapons, navigation and guidance systems, and C2 systems. The 53rd WTSS team partners with military and civilian personnel to provide world-class IT technical support for the 53 WG and 96 TW missions. The 53rd WTSS IT support covers full lifecycle IT from concept, to deployment, day-to-day operations / maintenance, and culminating in system retirement / replacement / upgrade.
Both Wings are headquartered at Eglin AFB, FL, adjacent to the white-sand beaches and crystal-clear waters of Northwest Florida’s Emerald Coast.
To learn more about the Emerald Coast, click here https://www.emeraldcoastfl.com/
Jacobs is seeking a self-motivated, energetic Database Administrator (DBA) that will support the 83d FWS. The 83d FWS is a non-flying unit that conducts the Air Force Air-to-Air Weapon System Evaluation Program (WSEP), known as COMBAT ARCHER. The squadron evaluates the total air-to-air weapons system including aircraft, weapon delivery system, weapon, aircrew, support equipment, technical data and maintenance actions. The squadron hosts 38 air-to-air WSEP deployments annually at Tyndall Air Force Base Florida. The annual firing of hundreds of missiles allows for the evaluation of the Air Force's air-to-air missile capabilities for Advanced Medium Range Air-to-Air Missiles, Sparrow Missiles, Sidewinder Missiles, aircraft guns and provides live missile training for combat Air Force crews as a secondary objective. Squadron personnel verify weapon system performance, determine reliability, evaluate capability and limitations, identify deficiencies, recommend corrective action, and maintain Combat Air Force-wide weapons data.
The successful candidate duties responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
· Install, manage, and maintain database software in accordance with site security and configuration guidelines
o Following locally developed policies and Air Force network and security regulations
· Ensure uninterrupted database availability, efficiency, and security, and immediately notify the on-site Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR) in the event of any issues affecting these characteristics.
· Troubleshoot, propose/implement, document via Memo for Record (MFR) format corrective measures to restore database functionality due to database outage.
· Configure databases integrity in accordance with site security and configuration guidelines. Configuration duties to include, but not limited to, database hardening, network connectivity, and other post-installation tasks, as required.
· Continuously provide technical input for improvements to 83 FWS databases that will optimize database performance, stability, and reliability to meet current and projected mission requirements.
· Perform database restorations as required and database backups in accordance with site security and data management guidelines.
· Leverage configuration management tools to automate database provisioning and deployment tasks. Develop and maintain scripts to manage and automate administrative processes that would otherwise be manually performed.
· Verify monthly for mission system database software patches and ensure that such patches are applied/installed within 60 days of availability.
· Research of new methodologies/technologies to ensure that these technical solutions make use of relevant technological advancements.
· Perform review of database alert logs daily and ensure that database logs are maintained in accordance with site security guidelines. Abnormal activity shall be immediately reported to the site COR.
· Create, manage, and delete database user accounts in accordance with site security guidelines. Account management shall include but not be limited to discretionary schema access control, password resets, and database privilege modifications.
· Update ticket management tools to reflect progress on assigned tasks.
· Document processes and procedures used to accomplish database management tasks
· Attend periodic staff meetings, Engineering Review Boards (ERB), Configuration Control Boards (CCB) and other meetings, as directed by the site COR.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
Required Education and Experience:
· Minimum of 2 years direct/related experience in database administration role performing Tier 3-level support (6-8 years working with databases)
· Strong experience in installing and maintaining database software in accordance with site security and configuration guidelines and using policies and Air Force network and security regulations and ensuring database availability, efficiency, and security.
· Experience troubleshooting, developing, and implementing to restore database functionality due to database outage.
· Knowledge of at least on object-oriented programming language, such as Java, C++, or .NET
· Experience with major relational database languages and applications for MS SQL Server
· Configuring databases to include, but not limited to, database hardening, network connectivity, and other post-installation tasks, as required.
· Optimizing database performance, stability, and reliability
· Performing database restorations and database backups
· Automating database provisioning and deployment tasks.
· Developing and maintaining scripts to manage and automate administrative processes that would otherwise be manually performed.
· Performing reviews of database alert logs
· Creating, managing, and deleting database user accounts in accordance with site security guidelines
· Experience with Windows Clustering and SQL Server Always On technology
· Documenting processes and procedures used for database management
Required Clearance :
· Active / Valid DoD TS/SCI-eligible clearance (i.e. DCID 6/4 eligibility); applicant must maintain clearance in active/valid status.
o Clearance investigation close date must be no older than 5 years, 6 months at the time of application.
· Must be willing to submit to, and be able to pass, a CI polygraph.
Required Certification :
· Active DoD 8570.01-M IASAE-II certification (e.g. CASP CE, CISSP (or Associate), or CSSLP or better)
· Experience with Microsoft Azure or cloud-based services desired
· Experience with user interface development and user experience
· Experience with tools and concepts supporting software version control systems
· Technical knowledge and technical writing ability for writing technical requirements, design documents, and deployment documentation.
· Ability to quickly adapt to new situations
· Ability to work well in a project team environment
· Ability to multi-task; easily adapt to changing work environment
· Ability to work effectively with strong, diverse personalities
· Demonstrated ability to offer exceptional customer service
· Outstanding verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Capacity to work unsupervised
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.