Jacobs DevOps Engineer in Vienna, Virginia
Critical Mission Solutions
Your mission is our mission.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges, and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed –today and into tomorrow.
Assist the DevOps team to execute software deployments on all TSC networks using continuous delivery methodologies. Assist in efforts to refine and improve automation, ensure stability and consistency throughout the development environments LINUX systems. As well as coordination of all software releases and ensuring effective collaboration between TSC's software development teams and infrastructure teams.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Use automation tools to perform and track deployments executed in production.
• Linux/Unix Administration.
• Working knowledge of xml and script reading/writing.
• Knowledge of best practices and IT operations Manage risks and resolve issues that affect software release scope, schedule and quality.
• Manage relationship between Engineering and Software Development, coordinate work between the two.
• Update application documentation for the Application Support team.
• Conduct useful meetings for deployment activities.
• Participate in internal CCB to ensure requests made to Engineering follow a consistent plan.
• Manage and track all environments, ensure consistent stability for development, testing and operations.
• Provide guidance to the Application Support team as it relates to any changes to applications and supporting production environments.
• Understand the dataflow internally and to external partners.
• Troubleshoot issues in all environments with applications or other infrastructure systems.
• Work with development teams during the development process to ensure technical details are consistent with IT infrastructure Ensure team processes and procedures are documented.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.