Jacobs Project Engineer- Ports and Maritime in Virginia Beach, Virginia
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Are you a Project Engineer who is an aspiring Project Manager? If so, this is the opportunity for you! You’ll have tremendous growth potential supporting the Ports and Maritime team across the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast delivering complex maritime infrastructure development projects from planning through construction.
By joining us, you’ll work on civil and structural design for maritime infrastructure development projects in the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast regions and will have exposure to our global portfolio of projects and design resources. Also, you’ll provide general preliminary engineering support for early-phase feasibility and planning projects. Technically we’ll have you support with design development, including calculations, specifications, cost estimates, and CAD drafting.
You’ll be an asset during construction support for ongoing projects at Virginia Port Authority (VPA) facilities while assisting with coordination with Port operations. Field inspection and assessment work will provide great exposure to the client and project sites.
Working together, we’ll help you grow and pursue what fulfills you so that we can make impacts on the future – big and small, global and local.
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil / Structural Engineering
• 3-6 years of experience in reinforced concrete / structural steel design
• Proficiency in MS Office suite, including MS Project, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint
• Experience with structural modeling software (STAAD / SAP / etc.)
• Experience with AutoCAD
• Strong environmental project delivery skills with project management capability and ability to manage multiple tasks and/or project design teams independently
• Passion for working on waterfront and maritime projects
Ideally, you’ll also have:
• Professional Engineering (P.E.) license in Commonwealth of Virginia, or ability to obtain licensure within 6 months
• Master’s degree in Civil / Structural Engineering
• Field experience on maritime infrastructure construction projects
• Experience with marine / coastal engineering planning and design projects
• Experience with construction cost estimating
• Familiarity with Tidewater clients, including but not limited to Virginia Port Authority, US Navy, and regional municipalities
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $15 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 60,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.