Jacobs Structural Engineer in South Korea
The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client’s local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Reporting directly to the Discipline Director this role researches, programs, plans, designs, and administers building projects for clients, applying knowledge of independently applies advanced engineering techniques and analysis within the discipline. Develops designs that require innovation and ingenuity. The position also requires a level of technical expertise to successfully execute projects from large complex projects to small renovation projects. Project scope may include military billeting, vehicle maintenance, aviation facilities, headquarters & administrative buildings, medical, research, and mission critical facilities.
• Plans and programs layout of project(s); coordinates and integrates all other discipline elements into unified design for client review and approval
• Performs work of complex scope
• Conducts periodic on-site observation of work during construction to monitor compliance with detailed design documents
• Prepares quantitative data (e.g. material take-offs) to support construction cost estimates
• Utilizes computer-assisted design software and equipment to prepare project designs and plans
• May direct/coordinate activities of workers both US and Host Nation Local Nationals engaged in preparing drawings and specification documents for the Conceptual Design Phase, Schematic Design Phase, and/or the Detailed Design Phase of a project
• Functions as a team leader within the discipline for assigned projects responsible for project deliverables that are compliant with the Scope of Work and all project requirements.
• Responsible for applying advanced engineering techniques to design building structural systems with minimal supervision.
• Perform all aspects of engineering analysis and design for projects from concept stages through final design and construction administration.
• Develop detailed specifications for the project.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Structural Engineering from an accredited US university or the Korea University equivalent degree is required
• Master’s degree is preferred
• Registration as a Professional Engineer or the local equivalent in the host country is preferred. If not, the ability and credentials to pursue registration is required.
• Minimum of 5 to 8 years of experience in the specifications, engineering, design, and construction in an Architectural or Engineering organization is required with demonstrated design experience within Federal and/or DOD markets is required
• At least 5 years of experience working on USACE Far East District design projects is preferred
• Preferred software knowledge and requirements include: AutoCAD, Microstation, Revit, Bentley software, BIM, RAM, RISA, and Microsoft Office suite
• Knowledge of applicable codes and industry standards, participation in planning, cost development and management within the mechanical discipline.
• Knowledge of pre-design and pre-construction, building systems/components and technology, Federal Design Criteria (e.g., Uniform Facilities Criteria), contract management, project delivery methods, team building, and client relationship building is required
• Strong organizational, communications (both verbal and written) skills, and leadership abilities are required
• Ability to effectively coordinate with architectural and engineering team members.
• Participation in professional organizations is preferred
• Bilingual (Korean and English) is preferred
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .