Jacobs Senior Transport Planner in Qatar
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we push the limits of what’s possible to make the world smarter and more connected. As part of our continuous support to many strategic and world class clients around the Middle East, we provide technical and managerial support on major transportation and logistics development and strategic studies in the state of Qatar. Our team includes innovators and the best in the industry working proactively with our clients to shape new strategies and to find out-of-the-box solutions every day.
Our transportation and logistics team in the Middle East is experiencing exciting growth and we have a need for a strong Senior Transport Planner to support one of our major clients in Qatar. You will be working closely with our exciting client where you will be involved in managing the delivery of a wide range of strategic transport projects. In order for you to fulfil this role you must have excellent knowledge and experience of local transport planning and policy, using standard modelling packages and transport appraisal techniques. In addition, you will need to meet the following criteria:• Study and development of road transport and transport systems in all its means.
• Knowledge of using or interpreting outputs from standard strategic or micro-simulation transport modelling packages, e.g. VISUM, SATURN, CUBE, EMME, VISSIM / S-Paramics.
• Demonstrable technical understanding of one or more areas of transport planning, for example, Local Transport Plans, Local Plans, route-based strategies, business case development, modelling, data analysis, and strategy/policy development.
• Ability to produce clear, precise and consistent transport analysis and reports.
• Experience of project and client engagement covering project and quality control.
• Provide consultancy services and developing junior colleagues and sharing technical knowledge.
• Ability to work both as part of a multi-disciplinary team as well as possessing the ability to work independently to solve problems.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• You must hold a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
• A minimum of 10 years of professional experience in transport planning and development.
Jacobs. A world where you can.
From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions – we’re committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we’ve gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximise your potential. You’ll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits and opportunities to do good too – from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you’ll discover how you can cultivate, nurture and achieve your goals – all at a single global company.