Jacobs Operational Technologist (Early Career Professional)- Teleworker Opportunity in United States
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Do you enjoy implementing and maintaining operational technology solutions which create a more secure, connected and sustainable world?
If so, please explore the Jacobs Operational Technology Services Team within the Digital Solutions/Automation and Operational Technology (DS) group at provides Operational Technology (IT for Automation) services globally for internal and external clients across multiple critical infrastructure sectors.
By joining the Jacobs team as an Operational Technologist early career professional we'll help you grow professionally by having you participate in the design, documentation, implementation, and maintenance of ICS networks. You’d handle complex problems during design, installation and maintenance for ICS systems and networks and engage in the installation and configuration of network switches, routers, firewalls, virtualized servers, converged platforms, client workstations and various cyber security platforms and tools.
You’ll also support projects to achieve client expectations for quality, schedule and budget, participate in project decisions regarding technical approaches, cost and scheduling performance, interact with clients, business groups, vendors and subcontractors.
You’d travel to project sites to provide support of ICS networks, manage and maintain converged platforms, virtualization, networks, security platforms and various other OT technologies and provide detailed network, cabling, server, rack elevation, and logical architecture diagrams for design and as-built submittals. Also, you’d develop acceptance testing procedures and user manuals as needed.
This is a teleworker position in which work can be performed anywhere in the United States.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
Minimum 1 year of IT or OT experience with Microsoft Windows Server design and administration, virtualization and converged platform technology design, implementation, and troubleshooting
Minimum 1 year of IT or OT experience with LAN and WAN design, implementation and troubleshooting for switches, routers, firewalls and various other network equipment
Ideally, You'll Also Have:
• Microsoft based systems experience
• SCADA professional experience
• Industrial network experience
• Bachelor’s in science (B.S) in Computer Science or similar field
• Excellent oral and written communications, team-oriented work practices, strong data analysis skills, technical problem-solving ability, organizational skills, multitasking ability and excellent computer skills
• Experience with the development of technical design documentation and technical reports
• Experience with network analysis and penetration testing tools as; BackTrack, Metasploit, Rapid 7 Nexpose, NMAP and/or Wireshark
• Any professional certifications such as GIAC Certifications including Global Industrial Cyber Security Professional (GICSP), GIAC Penetration Tester (GPEN), GIAC Response and Industrial Defense (GRID), GIAC Certified Penetration Tester (GPEN), GIAC Security Leadership Certification (GSLC), GIAC Security Expert (GSE), and/or other certifications such as Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or Certified Cyber Forensics Professional (CCFP) or Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), VMware Certified Professional – Data Center Virtualization (VCP-DCV), Microsoft Certifications (MCP, MCSE, MCITP), Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA, CCDA)
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language. (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf)
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.