Jacobs Procurement Professional - Flexible Location in United States
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we challenge what is currently accepted, so we can shape innovative and lasting solutions for tomorrow. If you’re interested in a rewarding career working with the industry’s best and most innovative engineers, then Jacobs is where you belong. We are looking for a driven and curious client-focused Project Procurement Manager to grow with our team.
As a ProcurementProfessional, you’ll provide Supply Management services to make sure that the Program’s goods and services; including purchasing and subcontracting, meet project schedules and expectations.
We’ll rely on you to perform all subcontract formation duties for assigned subcontracts, including prequalification of bidders, solicitation of proposals, proposal evaluations, source selection recommendations as well as lead negotiation of contract terms and pricing issues, conformance and finalizing of agreements, and subcontract issuance and execution. You’ll ensure applicable prime contract flow-downs are identified, addressed, and included in assigned subcontracts and obtain necessary reviews and approvals of bidder exceptions, bid evaluations, source selection recommendations, Subcontracts, and change orders prior to execution.
We’ll have you ensure budget compliance issues are addressed and award subcontracts, perform subcontract post-award administration duties, including change order management, contractual compliance, invoice verification, performance evaluation, closeout of agreements, and records retention.
Our “Future of Work” approach will offer you the opportunity to spend time working both in the office and time working from home. We want you to be empowered to deliver the boldest solutions for everyday living so explore us!
Your role keeps our company connected and we’ll support you with what you need to be successful.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Overall Knowledge of Jacobs/Industry Business: Understands major technical, organizational, managerial and business issues related to procurement management. Extensive knowledge of commercial procurement laws and standards as they relate to Jacobs operations management and project delivery. Strong understanding of Construction subcontracting. Understands and is committed to Jacobs’ Core Values.
• Project Delivery Knowledge: Understands project delivery processes (i.e., purchasing and subcontracting) and their relationship to supply management delivery.
• Communications: Has strong communications and writing skills. Is able to effectively author contractual commitment documents, as well as internal and external communications. Must be able to effectively communicate with clients and interact with operations, project, and construction managers.
• Systems: Uses computer in support of supply management including Supply Management software, electronic mail, and standard desktop software.
• Bachelors degree or 4 years of additional experience in lieu of degree
• 10 + yrs experience minimum in supply management or related fields in the EPCM industry
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language. (https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf)
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.