Jacobs Information Systems Security Officer in Warrenton, Virginia
Challenging Today. Reinventing Tomorrow.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
At Jacobs, we challenge the status quo and redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges, transforming big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow
• The Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) would assist the technical team in preparing, reviewing, and updating authorization packages.
• The ISSO would support the ISSM in meeting their duties and responsibilities for the overall organization.
• In a support function, the ISSO would report changes which may affect the authorization package for several systems, conduct periodic reviews of information systems to ensure the compliance with security standards.
• The ISSO would maintain the overall list of modifications, diagrams, hardware and software lists, and system details to support the ISSM. T
• he ISSO would be responsible for reviewing system compliance with organizational policies, and report out on a regular basis.
• The ISSO would participate, and run, self-inspections with Security Engineers to ensure overall security posture.
• The ISSO would be responsible for maintaining a schedule of continuous monitoring, and executing in accordance with organizational policies.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
Minimum Years of Experience: 5 years
Desired Requirements :
• Required IAT Certs: one or more of the following: Sec+, CASP, CISSP, CISM
• Required Vendor Cert: one or more of the following: Microsoft, VMWare, Cisco, Netapp, Pure Storage, HP, Dell, Linux+, RedHat. If not currently achieved, then must achieve within 6 months of hire
Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Equipment & Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is always critical. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed. Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check. Must be a US citizen.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .