Jacobs Design Assurance Manager in Warrington, United Kingdom
Critical Mission Solutions
Your mission is our mission.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges, and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed –today and into tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Our Critical Mission Solutions business – we are invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defence, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It is our challenge as human beings, too. That is why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It is our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
About the opportunity:
Jacobs Nuclear is the Design and Engineering partner for Sellafield under the PPP (Programme and Project Partners). This is a 20-year arrangement to deliver £7bn of major projects. We are looking to recruit high value expertise from across regulated and comparable sectors to work in a collaborative environment. PPP is delivering major projects, site wide improvements and provision of supporting services.
Jacobs Nuclear provides the front end design and engineering capability across the PPP portfolio. Being part of the PPP Team offers a unique opportunity to drive change and innovation in engineering, safety and delivery solutions in one of the most complex industrial sites in the UK if not the world. We are looking for people who are passionate about developing themselves and in meeting new challenges.
As a result of increasing demand for our services, there are significant opportunities for you to support a key project within the nuclear business.
We are currently looking for a Design Assurance Manager to join the team in Birchwood.
The role will appeal to individuals who are seeking an opportunity to lead the Engineering and Design of a major UK organisation through a truly transformational period in its history, making it, and the strategic assets for which it is accountable and responsible, fit for our generation, and those of the future.
You will report directly to the PPP Head of Technical with interface across the PPP Lot 2 Lead Team and necessarily across the interfaces with other Lot partners.
Delivering Jacobs capability, developing and implementing the Design Assurance Plan. Responsible for:
• Responsibility for the approach to Design Assurance across the PPP major projects lot 2 delivery scope and the relationship and integration with the major projects and other PPP partners.
• Designing, agreeing and implementing the PPP interaction with Jacobs corporate Design Assurance, the links to the Project Delivery Function, Heads of Profession and other functional support.
• Acting as the coordination point to design, agreeing and implementing the assurance activities within lot 2 scope which the client and other PPP partners wish to undertake.
• The ability of the candidate to nurture behaviors and operate collaboratively and support the shaping of the PPP into a single cohesive delivery organization (rather than 5 separate Lot holders) should be seen as of equal importance to delivery within the Lot 2 scope.
• PPP internal assurance and engagement with client to address governance and assurance checks
• Ensuring compliance and adherence to agreed quality standards
• Ensuring development, selection and implementation of processes and procedures are lean, effective and efficient aligned to Sellafield’s Gated Process
• Support to Competency (SQEP) Management to ensure best team player selection and delivery from PPP Partnership including the client
• Supporting resource efficiency.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Current Role at Project, Engineering or QSHE Director Level
• Experience in collaborative business relationships including with clients and in leading elements of engineering projects for joint ventures.
• Demonstrable Experience in implementing and assuring quality and engineering excellence in multidiscipline projects; through all phases of design, construction, commissioning and close out.
• Experience in delivering similar leadership and business transformational roles on multi £000m projects
• Experience in the start-up and delivery of complex programmes and collaborative frameworks
• Experience in engineering tools and CAD assurance.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.