Jacobs EC&I Technician/Engineer in Warrington, United Kingdom
Critical Mission Solutions
Your mission is our mission.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges, and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed –today and into tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Our Critical Mission Solutions business – we are invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defence, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It is our challenge as human beings, too. That is why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It is our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
About the opportunity:
Jacobs is currently recruiting for a EC&I Technician to support our Materials Science and Structural Integrity business.
The successful candidate will join an established EC&I team, predominantly supporting out materials science laboratories. This role requires an experienced electrician who is able to demonstrate excellent practical electrical skills and is able to analyse faulty control and instrumentation systems, in a logical manner such that faults can be identified and repaired.
We are looking for someone who will be able to plan, organise and prioritise their own work within a team. This is a wide ranging role and a willingness to question and learn will be essential. This will involve good communication, often across multiple disciplines to deliver customer requirements efficiently and effectively. The ideal candidate will have excellent problem solving skills and take a positive, proactive and enthusiastic approach to delivering to tight deadlines.
The role will be a mix of both hands-on work within the laboratory, and desk based design.
The role is predominantly a Monday to Friday standard working week; however, there may be occasional requirements to work outside of these hours with advanced notice.
• Providing a wide range of electrical, control and instrumentation support, serving a state of the art materials and corrosion laboratory
• Fault finding and repairing existing control and instrumentation systems
• Designing, drawing, building and installing bespoke panels and instrumentation (with greatest emphasis on the practical aspects of building and installing)
• Running cables and trays
• Working with the design team to ensure all schematics and cable schedules are correct and updated
• Carrying out electrical testing of plant and PAT testing of company portable appliances
• Carrying out repairs to workshop plant and machinery
• Using and preparing electrical schematic drawings
• Working on the control of pressure and heating systems, control of servo-hydraulic and servo-electrical rigs, a wide range of instrumentation for measuring test data and associated data acquisition systems
• Reactive and preventative maintenance on electrical systems
• Compliance with the 18th Edition IET wiring regulations
• Safety should always be the first priority for any tasks undertaken.
Due to the nature of the work being undertaken, security clearance will be required prior to commencement of employment.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
The successful candidate will have the following:
• Time served apprenticeship (or equivalent experience) completed in a relevant discipline
• Experience of hands-on control and instrumentation engineering is essential, and applicants must have strong practical skills and experience
• Experience of designing/maintaining E, C & I hazardous area systems
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team
• A strong commitment to safety
• The ability to interrogate PLC’s, write basic software programmes and use CAD would be an advantage but is not essential and candidates without this experience will be considered.
If you believe you have the necessary knowledge and enthusiasm to succeed in this position then we would like to hear from you.
We clear the way for inventive thinking so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We’re invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.co.uk to view and access our roles.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
If you have any queries regarding the application process, please contact the team here.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.