Jacobs Mechanical Building Services Engineer in Warrington, United Kingdom
Critical Mission Solutions
Your mission is our mission.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges, and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed –today and into tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Our Critical Mission Solutions business – we are invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defence, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It is our challenge as human beings, too. That is why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It is our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
About the opportunity:
Jacobs Nuclear is the Design and Engineering partner for Sellafield under the PPP (Programme and Project Partners). This is a 20-year arrangement to deliver £7bn of major projects. We are looking to recruit high value expertise from across regulated and comparable sectors to work in a collaborative environment. PPP is delivering major projects, site wide improvements and provision of supporting services.
Jacobs Nuclear provides the front end design and engineering capability across the PPP portfolio. Being part of the PPP Team offers a unique opportunity to drive change and innovation in engineering, safety and delivery solutions in one of the most complex industrial sites in the UK if not the world. We are looking for people who are passionate about developing themselves and in meeting new challenges.
As a result of increasing demand for our services, there are significant opportunities for you to support a key project within the nuclear business.
We are currently looking for a Mechanical Building Services Engineer position to join the team in Birchwood.
The candidate would provide a supporting role to the Lead Mechanical Building Services Engineer to deliver the building services piped systems design packages.
These include steam & condensate, LTHW, chilled water, potable and non-potable water, hot water, breathing air, vacuum supply and dry riser.
The candidate would be required to produce schematic drawings/SSDs & calculations and prepare technical reports, specifications, datasheets, assessments and other miscellaneous documents supporting the building services design process.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Proven post graduate building services design experience (preferably within the nuclear industry) or similar experience
• Knowledge of key legislation applicable to building services design
• Experience in the delivery of written work. i.e specifications, reports etc.
• Excellent working knowledge of the HVAC discipline
• Familiarity with CIBSE guides A, B & C
• Familiarity with ASHRAE standards
• Experience of working in multifunctional teams
• Self-motivated, with an ability and desire to work collaboratively to create new opportunities
• Ability to think innovatively and solve complex problems
• Ability to communicate well, both verbally and in writing
• Design substantiation and justification of engineered safety measures
• Communicate clearly and professionally both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals outside of the Company
• Understanding instrumentation and controls associated with building services systems.
• Knowledge of CDM 2015 Regulations
• Understanding of UK regulations applicable on nuclear facilities
• Familiar with the relevant Sellafield Limited Design Guides
• Familiar with the application of AVEVA P&ID and PDMS to projects.
• Familiar with ASME 31.3
Qualifications & Experience
• Hold a degree in Mechanical Engineering or Building Services Engineering or similar plus demonstrable experience in the discipline
• Membership of either IMechE or CIBSE would be desirable
• Achieved or working towards either Chartered (CEng) or Incorporated (IEng) status
• Nuclear Industry experience (desirable but not essential)
We clear the way for inventive thinking, so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We’re invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.co.uk to view and access our roles.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
If you have any queries regarding the application process, please contact www.jacobs.com/contact/careers2
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.