Jacobs Operations Manager in Warrington, United Kingdom
Critical Mission Solutions
Your mission is our mission.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges, and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed –today and into tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Our Critical Mission Solutions business – we are invested in you and your success.
Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defence, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It is our challenge as human beings, too.
That is why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It is our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
About the opportunity:
Technology and Cyber Solutions is collaborative and innovative client-focused technology driven solutions provider. We support all Jacobs markets with specialist capability, engineers & scientists solving the most complex challenges. We have a World-leading laboratory and engineering test facilities and proven, cost effective innovation approach and delivery culture. Our Business is focused on:
• Technology Solutions and Research & Development (R&D)
• New Low Carbon Nuclear Energy Development - Small Modular Reactors (SMR), Advanced Modular Reactors (AMR), Fusion Reactors
• Cyber Solutions
• Independent Assurance and Regulation
Our business encompasses specialist testing and analysis laboratories, early fusion development, niche technology capability, engineering subject matter expert (SME) capability, Inspection Validation Centre (IVC) and Regulatory Support.
We are looking for talented individuals to join our established operational teams, to enable us to respond to a growing demand from a wide range of customers; internally and externally.
Alongside our current business operations, we have international growth ambitions in markets such as Robotics, Hydrogen and Space.
The value of our projects we work on vary, from small to major projects and delivery frameworks. We operate in an agile, consistent and integrated ways which on provide solutions to meet customer requirements and challenges.
Within your role you will be given opportunities to get involved in a range of business growth, innovation, delivery, or improvement activities in addition to our main focus areas. This also includes opportunities to deputise for the senior business leaders, get involved in global initiatives and networks.
To be successful in this role we ask managers to set examples of high levels of performance and behaviours; where we treat everyone with integrity and respect. Managers are encouraged to express themselves through diversity of thought, innovation, openness and trust; as we see that this achieves greater performance and success. We encourage each other to continually learn and develop their knowledge and skills and that of their teams.
This next phase of your career with Jacobs will allow you to grow, develop and gain enhanced knowledge, whilst at the same time taking pride in the important role you will play in the continued growth of Jacobs, inspirational development of our people and in the continued safe and environmentally friendly manner.
As Operations Manager in this role you will be accountable for and required to:
• Beyond Zero - Advocate and lead safety, health, and wellbeing through our Beyond Zero Culture of Caring and in delivery of health and safety performance & behaviors.
• People - Motivate, guide, direct, inspire the work of other employees, ensuring a culture of caring, and the environment to allow staff to develop, to perform at their best and to achieve high performance.
• Client - Establish strong and enduring relationships with the clients, partners, supply chain and stakeholders to ensure their needs are met and we play a part in solving their challenges.
• Strategy - Shape and deliver the Jacobs and business unit strategy and key outcomes, working in partnership with the Directors and Strategic Sales Team.
• Delivery Excellence - Achieve high levels of client satisfaction, and Jacobs/client key performance indicators, ensuring that our team delivers and drives to exceed the annual plan targets for Revenue and Gross Margin.
We work within an environment of trust where flexibility is at the forefront. Although this role will require regular travel to our laboratory in Birchwood, outside of this we are open to discuss what flexibility you need.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Creative approach to solving everyday challenges
• Ability to navigate technical and commercial requirements to enable demonstratable business growth and performance excellence
• Inspirational. collaborative working within diverse teams
• Growth mindset, inclusive, empathetic and ability to see the bigger picture
• Excellent communication and organisational skills
• Demonstrated experience in programme/project delivery and/or operational/framework roles
• Demonstrated experience in managerial/supervision roles that include people development and management
• Demonstrated experience of building and maintaining client relationships
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Preferred but not essential experience of working on nuclear projects/licensed sites
• The ability to obtain the necessary level of UK security clearance.
We clear the way for inventive thinking, so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We’re invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative.
Within Jacobs we have a culture of transformation, which enables us to have a working environment which is inclusive, connected, innovative, safe and sustainable. This ensures our approach to continuous learning, where we evolve and align our futures to the dynamic environments, we live in.’
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.co.uk to view and access our roles.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.