Jacobs Process Engineering Discipline Lead in Warrington, United Kingdom
Critical Mission Solutions
Your mission is our mission.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges, and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed –today and into tomorrow.
Jacobs is one of the world’s largest and most diverse providers of full-spectrum technical, professional and consultancy services for industrial, commercial and government organisations globally.
With more than 74,000 people globally, our teams collaborate, innovate and create. Our people are proud to have been behind some of the greatest consultancy and engineering feats over the past 70 years.
We foster a collaborative and inclusive environment for our people, and our partners, and we want you to be a part of our growing business.
Our office in Warrington faces our nuclear clients, and the role will primarily be directly supporting clients who need to design, build and commission nuclear process plant across the UK. This means that most of the time is spent in client offices, working in mixed teams of people from various companies. This is normally in Warrington but could be at other Jacobs offices in the north of England, or at client sites nationwide from time to time.
We have an opportunity for a process engineering discipline lead. The successful person will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
The role is in two parts – working as a principal process engineer on projects, and managing a team of process engineers.
Process Engineering Discipline Lead:
Join the lead team in Warrington to drive growth by fostering the development of a capable process engineering team and exploring opportunities to grow existing contracts and develop new clients.
• Identify opportunities for growth and develop/manage an implementation strategy
• Build client relationships to make effective use of existing frameworks
• Develop and nurture a Process Capability to align with the business requirements
• Resource planning
• Staff performance management and development planning
• Line management duties for a mixed team of staff and contractors of all levels of experience.
Principal Process Engineer
• Produces, checks and approves process engineering project design deliverables such as mass balance, pump and equipment sizing calculations; datasheets, basis of design; process & control philosophy; P&IDs
• Produces, checks and approves technical deliverables such as development plans, technology readiness assessments, development task specifications
• Plans and prioritises own work to ensure that functional project requirements on scope, time and cost are met. Leads technical packages of work and/or small teams of engineers of mixed disciplines.
• Ensures that work complies with all necessary corporate, departmental and legislative requirements and procedures, to guarantee that the necessary consistency and quality of delivery is maintained taking into account any special contractual requirement. Seeks advice from more experienced or specialist resources as required.
• Ability to work and effectively communicate within a team environment and with peers from other disciplines along with project management, both within Jacobs and that of the client. Leads process engineering delivery teams.
• Takes personal responsibility for safety and a healthy environment on the projects, and leads by example.
This role will be based in Warrington, mobility and flexibility to work anywhere in the UK is part of the job. Potential for worldwide assignments.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• A minimum of 10 years of post-graduate work experience in a highly regulated industry, some of it in the nuclear industry
• Degree Qualification, Chemical Engineering BEng (Hons)
• Familiarity with nuclear design principles and processes
• Working knowledge of Excel and appropriate CAE packages
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Chartered status
• 10 years experience in the nuclear industry
• Able to demonstrate that continuing professional development has been a part of their career so far
At Jacobs we have recently celebrated 10 years of our culture of caring - ‘BeyondZero’. We see safety differently - we strive to go BeyondZero by putting the health, safety and well-being of our employees first in everything we do.
We are committed to equality across our business and we promote STEM and WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) initiatives. When you join Jacobs you will have access to a wide range of Global Networks, centred on inclusion and diversity. To find out more about our networks, check out our website:
We encourage applications from candidates looking for flexible working or reduced hours’ contracts.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.