Jacobs Project Manager in Warrington, United Kingdom
Critical Mission Solutions
Your mission is our mission.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges, and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed –today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we'll inspire and empower you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow. With more than 55,000 people in 40+ countries, working at Jacobs offers an exciting range of opportunities to develop your career within a supportive and diverse team who always strive to do the right thing for our people, clients and communities.
People are Jacobs’ greatest asset, and we offer a competitive package to retain and attract the best talent.
In addition to the benefits you’d expect, UK employees also receive free single medical cover and digital GP service, family friendly benefits such as enhanced parental leave pay, free membership of employee assistance and parental programmes, plus reimbursement towards relevant professional development and memberships.
We also give back to our communities through our Collectively program which incorporates matched-funding, paid volunteering time and charitable donations.
Work-life balance and flexibility is a key focus area for Jacobs. We’re happy to discuss hybrid, part-time and flexible working hours, patterns and locations to suit you and our business.
About the Opportunity
Our Specialist Consultancy and Laboratory Solutions business is looking for a Project Manager who can apply their skills and experience in order to support our clients in the nuclear industry and beyond.
Our multidisciplinary team of scientists, engineers and technicians provide client-focused solutions to all stages of the nuclear lifecycle. From desk-based consultancy to on-site work, we provide innovative solutions to solve our clients’ most complex challenges.
In this role you’ll be managing allocated work from assignment to close out covering all duties related to project delivery, ensuring that at all times work is delivered safely and to cost, time, quality and client expectations. The role offers an excellent opportunity for those wishing to develop their career and there is also scope for flexibility in how the role is delivered.
The Project Manager role will vary depending on the specific assignment undertaken but would typically involve the activities below:
• Proactively manage the delivery of assigned projects, jobs and tasks ensuring that the work is conducted in a safe, timely and effective manner in line with the relevant procedures.
• Engaging with clients, building effective relationships and developing a good understanding of their needs.
• Identifying, implementing and complying with applicable safety, environmental and quality standards, client procedures and policies and other relevant legislative and regulatory requirements
• Ensure that safety is at the heart of project delivery.
• Ensure the delivery of projects on time, to cost and to the right level of quality.
• Prepare and maintain project documentation including project execution plans, quality plans and other documents as required.
• Manage project communication, support reviews and reporting progress on all Key Project Milestones
• Effectively manage change on the projects.
• Contribute to a positive project teamwork environment.
• Support in the development of budgets and schedules for projects and controlling forecasts and actual costs against them
• Ensure that project risks and opportunities are identified, mitigated and managed.
• Providing accurate and timely information, data and reports regarding the project status, activities and performance.
• Participating in the development and improvement of project management performance within the business
• Undertaking business development activities, including contributing to the development of bids and proposals.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Experience in successfully delivering projects to time, cost and quality.
• Proven financial management skills and experience including project forecasting.
• Proven experience in leading a project team, leading by example in the safe and secure delivery of projects.
• Clear and confident communicator, experienced in managing and challenging suppliers and stakeholders.
• A good understanding of project planning, including scope management, breakdown structures, estimating and scheduling.
• A good understanding of project controls, including cost control, schedule adherence, risk management and change management.
• Ability to understand and communicate effectively on project financial issues, margin, project reviews.
• A proactive and adaptable approach suited to the diverse and challenging nature of the business.
• An understanding of tendering and contract processes.
• An understanding of the need for quality within the project environment and familiarity with the use and structure of quality assurance documentation.
• Flexible and adaptable, able to work on a number of varied projects at the same time, prioritising as appropriate.
• Enthusiasm, drive and a willingness to get involved.
• APM PMQ qualification or equivalent.
• Degree educated, preferably in engineering or a related subject.
• Knowledge of Health & Safety legislation.
• Knowledge of budget monitoring, commercial awareness and experience at managing contractors.
• Must be well versed in the preparation of reports and information using packages such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Experience or understanding of the nuclear industry would be beneficial.
Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees. Find out more about life at Jacobs.
We aim to embed inclusion and diversity in everything we do. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative. We accept people for who they are, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental health, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you’re pregnant or on family leave. This is reflected in our wide range of Global Employee Networks centred on inclusion and diversity – ACE, Careers, Enlace, Harambee, OneWorld, Prism, Vetnet, and Women’s – find out more about our employee networks here.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.com to view and access our roles. As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role
If you require further support or reasonable adjustments with regards to the recruitment process (for example, you require the application form in a different format), please contact the team.
Your application experience is important to us and we’re keen to adapt to make every interaction even better. We welcome feedback on our recruitment process and if you need more from us before deciding to join Jacobs then please let us know.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.