Jacobs Senior Electrical/Control & Instrumentation Engineer in Warrington, United Kingdom
Critical Mission Solutions
Your mission is our mission.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges, and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed –today and into tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Our Energy, Security and Technology business – are invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defence, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It is our challenge as human beings, too. That is why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It is our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
About the opportunity:
Jacobs Nuclear is the Design and Engineering partner for Sellafield under the PPP (Programme and Project Partners). This is a 20-year arrangement to deliver £7bn of major projects. We are looking to recruit high value expertise from across regulated and comparable sectors to work in a collaborative environment. PPP is delivering major projects, site wide improvements and provision of supporting services.
Jacobs Nuclear provides the front end design and engineering capability across the PPP portfolio. Being part of the PPP Team offers a unique opportunity to drive change and innovation in engineering, safety and delivery solutions in one of the most complex industrial sites in the UK if not the world. We are looking for people who are passionate about developing themselves and in meeting new challenges.
As a result of increasing demand for our services, there are significant opportunities for you to support a key project within the nuclear business.
As a result of this increasing demand for our services, there are significant opportunities for you as a Senior EC&I Engineer to support the SIXEP Waste Management Receipt Facility which is an interim storage of sludge and sand/cilo which provides a waste route from SCP to a future treatment facility a key project within the nuclear business, the role will be flexible with a mixture of home working and occasional site meetings based at our client site Birchwood, Warrington.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Experience working in an IC environment verifying technical requirements with a variety of stakeholders (both external supply chain, SL & PPP)
• Ability to work with minimal supervision, work effectively in a team and to meet deadlines
• Can liaise and coordinate with other disciplines, Sellafield plant engineering and key stakeholders as necessary in the production of design deliverables and site works
• Design in accordance with BS7671 (18th Edition)
• Conversant with CAE tools (e.g. AutoCAD, Amtech)
• Experience of HV cable routing and diversions
• Knowledge of HV isolations, energisation and commissioning requirements
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Significant of post-graduate work experience in a highly regulated industry, ideally some of it in the nuclear industry
• Degree Qualification or equivalent qualification in a relevant technical or business discipline
• Detail design knowledge of Electrical Control and Instrumentation or bespoke equipment for process industry
• Demonstrated record of maintaining own skills and knowledge at the forefront of the field Knowledge of delivering against legislative, regulatory and company policy standards and procedures e.g. safety, quality, risk, security
• Proactive and driven approach to work, taking ownership of the tasks required to be completed under their remit
• Comfortable working under time and cost constraints
• Ideally familiarity with nuclear/process design principles and processes
• Commercial awareness
We clear the way for inventive thinking, so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We’re invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit https://www.vercida.com/uk to view and access our roles.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
If you have any queries regarding the application process, please contact www.jacobs.com/contact/careers2
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.