Jacobs Hydrotechnical Engineer in Warsaw, Poland
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
We have more than 2400 colleagues in Poland, supporting our business in all global regions. Our Global Delivery Center (GDC) engineers in Krakow and Warsaw office collaborate on the design and delivery of local and global projects in the fields of engineering, design and construction. Our Global Business Services (GBS) specialists provide global support and expertise in the fields of Accounting, Procurement, IT, HR and Graphic Design.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
• Deliver the Hydrotechnical design elements such as levees, reservoirs, river regulation, concrete/steel hydrotechnical structures
• Help develop innovative solutions that deliver the client’s brief
• Supervise junior staff and Projects
• Provide quality assurance and quality check
• Working with the wider team in our offices in Poland, Europe, North America on local and international projects
International working environment and unique company culture with emphasis on individual career growth and work-life balance
Friendly atmosphere and professional collaboration founded on diversity and inclusion in the workplace (e.g. employees’ organizations like Women’s Networks, Career Network Green Team, Toastmasters)
Full time employment contract with salary corresponding to qualifications
Flexible working hours
Benefits package including private medical care, insurance, Multisport card and other
Personal development opportunities like BIM Academy, Graduate Program, English lessons
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Master Degree in Civil/ Environmental Engineering/ Building Information Modeling (BIM)
• Minimum 5 years of relevant experience
• Chartered with the relevant Institution
• Understanding of hydrotechnics and flood risk solution identification and development
• Understanding of project live cycle (conceptual design, outline design, detail design, construction design).
• Construction work experience would be an asset
• Understanding of Polish standards (water/building law), understanding of UK codes and best practice would be an asset
• Good knowledge of 3D environment (AutoCAD Civil 3D), AutoCAD, good MS Office
• Good written and oral English skills