Jacobs Assistant Air Quality Modeller/Asystent ds. modelowania jakości powietrza in Warszawa, Poland
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
To meet our growing UK business needs and future development aspirations we are looking for a Graduate Air Quality Consultant.
The successful person will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities. Responsibilities will include;
• Working with members of our Air Quality teams across the UK delivering specialist input to support environmental assessment and consenting for a wide range of projects in the primarily highways, infrastructure, industry and energy sectors. This can include desk-based assessment, data analysis and dispersion modelling;
• Writing and checking reports;
• Communicating and liaising effectively with colleagues, clients and environmental regulators;
• Thinking both creatively and logically to resolve problems related to assessments and project delivery, including developing tools to assist the team;
• Helping project managers with financial monitoring of projects, document control, progress reporting and other project management tasks;
• Assist with business development tasks including writing or contributing to bids and proposals;
• Identifying potential health and safety hazards of specific projects and demonstrating a commitment to your own safety and that of those around you.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Strong mathematical ability;
• A Master’s degree ideally in an environmental or atmospheric science related subject;
• An excellent understanding of environmental impacts associated with road transport and other infrastructure developments and industrial operations;
• Strong organisational skills;
• Strong team working capabilities as well as the confidence to take responsibility for smaller tasks allocated to you on a more individual basis;
• Ability to initiate remote communication;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, including a sound knowledge of standard IT programmes; the ability to produce well-presented reports is essential;
• Strong attention to detail and an ability to apply knowledge into practical schemes; and
• A focus on results and project delivery.
• Previous related work experience with an environmental consultancy, an environmental regulator, or relevant industry sector company; and
• Graduate membership of other relevant professional body.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.