Jacobs Senior Ecologist in Warszawa, Poland
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
• Leading and mentoring a team of ecologists working on a diverse and exciting portfolio of projects;
• Providing ecological support and advice in relation to UK legislation and planning policy framework including Preliminary Ecology Appraisal (PEA), Ecological Impact Assessments (EcIA), Habitats Regulations Assessment (HRA), feasibility studies, desk-based studies and a range of other technical reports;
• Ecological project and budget management and resource co-ordination;
• Excellent report writing and communication skills;
• Technical direction and resolution of technical issues;
• Taking an active role in the development of staff, coaching and mentoring on technical issues; and,
• Supporting delivery of the UK Ecology team resource through interface with UK Terrestrial Ecology Head of Discipline and Resource Manager.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• An appropriate degree qualification;
• A minimum of 5-8 years’ relevant experience;
• Previous experience of EcIA for major infrastructure projects;
• Familiarity with current and emerging EU legislative and policy framework for biodiversity and nature;
• Track record of delivering effective mitigation design and biodiversity enhancement;
• An ecological specialism;
• Experience of preparing fee proposals and tenders;
• Experience of effective stakeholder and regulator engagement for infrastructure projects;
• Track record of providing innovation and value-added solutions to infrastructure project delivery;
• Experience of working closely with other environmental specialists;
• Previous experience of EcIA for major infrastructure projects in UK will be beneficial;
• Membership of a suitable institute (e.g. CIEEM, RSB) or willingness to join one;
• Transferable IT and data management skills (e.g. GIS, Programming languages such as R-script and Python).
Full time, permanent employment ( office+remote work)
Opportunity to work on exciting international projects and programs
Commitment to your personal and professional development
Dynamic environment that encourages a healthy work life balance with flexible working conditions
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.