Jacobs Entry Level Intelligence Analyst in Washington, District Of Columbia
Jacobs is looking for an Entry Level Intelligence Analyst to join our team in DC!
Team Jacobs provides significant value to the customer by proactively identifying national security threats via conducting in-depth analyses using government and public source datasets to identify and track terrorist and national security threats and provides intelligence on these threats to intelligence community partners.
Analysts will provide information that helps keep both individuals and their supporters who may pose threats to national security out of the U.S. or leads to their removal, detention, prosecution, or other legal action by conducting bulk and targeted intelligence and data analyses.
Intelligence Analysis support includes:
• Bulk Intelligence analysis – processing large volume intelligence data
• Proactive – ongoing and ad hoc initiatives that are created by analytical units and which seek to address identified gaps and specific threats through large volume analysis.
• Reactive – analysis performed in large volumes at a request of the customer.
• Targeted Intelligence analysis – provide in-depth analysis on individuals and entities
• Proactive – on-going and ad hoc initiatives that are created by analytical units and which seek to address identified gaps and specific threats; addresses individual or smaller threat areas.
• Reactive – analysis performed on individuals or smaller threat areas at the request of a customer.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
Minimum Education/Years of Experience: Bachelors degree OR Associates Degree + 2 years of relevant experience OR a total of 4 years experience in lieu of a degree
Clearance Requirement: Active Top Secret (SCI eligible, with ability to obtain a POLY)
This is an Entry Level position, and all potential hires will receive on-the-job training depending on what unit they are assigned.
• A good aptitude for analysis, a naturally enquiring mind, and excellent problem-solving skills
• The ability to work as part of a team
• Good report-drafting skills, with consistent attention to detail as reports will be written for readers in the highest levels of government
• A willingness to learn and work with a range of IT applications, including some specialized data collection, analysis, and presentation tools
• Good communication skills, motivation, drive, focus, initiative, and innovation
• To be responsive to changing requirements and priorities and be able to adapt to unpredictable circumstances
• The ability to work effectively under pressure, demonstrating resilience and perseverance