Jacobs Information Technology (IT) Business Operations Manager in Washington, District Of Columbia
Critical Mission Solutions
Your mission is our mission.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges, and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed –today and into tomorrow.
Jacobs is seeking an experienced Information Technology (IT) Business Operations Manager with a technical background and experience in managing mature, large-scale, and complex enterprise wide IT Programs to work onsite in Washington, DC.
• The candidate will have a background in application development deployment with a demonstrated success in delivering complex technology solutions;
• The candidate will manage and oversee a full-range of application support services to the operational environment and to develop, modernize, enhancement internal custom administrative and enterprise-wide applications for a Federal Government agency located in Washington, DC.
• Oversee all aspects of an Enterprise IT program, leading a large team on complex enterprise wide IT projects;
• Analyze new project-related problems and create innovative solutions that normally involve the schedule, technology, methodology, tools, solution components, and financial management of the program;
• Establish and maintain Enterprise-level Management Support Services, tailoring the project management approach to team and project needs;
• Develops detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans and status reports.
• Work with stakeholders to define clear project objectives and requirements, agree on priorities, communicate progress updates and demonstrations, and provide responsive change management in frequent project-planning meetings;
• Identify business requirements; create project and process specifications; coordinate with project teams and ensure that IT projects are delivered on-time and within budget;
• Provide Enterprise-level Service Management practice to strengthen current IT environment operations and implement industry best practices leveraging the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework;
• Adept in delegating and directing the work of Task Leads whilst demonstrating the technical skills and capabilities to serve and provide technical direction for all tasks under this project.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Must have active Top Secret Clearance and be SCI eligible ;
• Must have significant skills and experience working and leading teams in a mature, structured environment where processes, directives, procedures and policies are executed and administered throughout the project team, and in cross-team integrated environments. Desirable familiarity with PMI, ITIL/ITSM, Scrum, etc;
• Ability to interact with confidence and credibility with customers, including senior Government officials;
• Excellent interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all stakeholders;
• Strong business development, client relationship, and management skills. Strong negotiation skills;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, including technical writing, editing, and attention to detail and timelines;
• Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously;
• Budget and administrative skills to manage a highly complex operation.
• ITIL v3;
• Education Bachelor's Degree in business, IT, or related field. Master's degree preferred;
• Solid ability to interface, inspire, and motivate at various levels of the organization;
• Ability to convey technical information to non-technical individuals. Demonstrated experience communicating effectively across internal and external organizations.
Essential Functions (Enter essential functions that are not listed below under the relevant header):
• Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
• General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Equipment & Machines:
• General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
• Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
• Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;
• Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation;
• Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements;
• Must be willing to travel as needed. Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check. Must be a US citizen.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.