Jacobs ISSO in washington, District Of Columbia
Critical Mission Solutions
Your mission is our mission.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges, and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed –today and into tomorrow.
Jacobs has an opening for an ISSO to support our team in Washington, DC.
Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Assessing and responding to security-related requests
• Perform selection, implementation, validation, and establishment of baseline of NIST800-53/CNSSI-1253
• Maintain operational security posture for information systems
• Create Cyber Security artifacts and formulate RMF packages for systems.
• Review and analyze system implementation plans
• Ensure that IT systems have all cyber security controls in place and that the all controls function properly in accordance with the latest NIST standards
• Formulate and execute system assessments, audits, reviews, and contingency testing
• Review, analyze, and interpret technical procedures and regulatory requirements
• Write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Identify corrective actions/mitigation strategies to achieve/sustain RMF compliance
• Perform development of responses to Plans of Action & Milestones (POA&M) which account for confidentiality, integrity, and availability
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Active Top Secret security clearance and SCI eligibility
• Bachelor’s degree and four (4) years of relevant experience
• Experience with DHS Information Security, i.e. identifying, documenting, and testing controls
• Familiarity with information system security principles
• Experience with information assurance tools.
• CISSP or CISA
• Experience with vulnerability assessment scanning tools and reporting, such as NESSUS, etc.
• Experience using Governance/Risk/Compliance (GRC) tools such as Xacta, CSAM, RSA Archer, etc.
Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Equipment & Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed. Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check. Must be a US citizen
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.