Jacobs Scrum Master in Washington, District Of Columbia
Critical Mission Solutions
Your mission is our mission.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges, and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed –today and into tomorrow.
Jacobs has an opening for a Scrum Master to support our team in Washington, DC. Please note: This position does require an ACTIVE TS/SCI security clearance. Duties will include:
• Leads or collaborate with Scrum Team, actively leads/participates in Story Creation, Backlog Refinement and Scrum Events (Sprint Planning, Daily Standup, Retrospective, Reviews, and Quarterly Planning)
• Primary collaborator with Product Owners, Business Partners, Scrum Masters and Architects to build and define the Product Backlogs
• Perform story analysis to determine conditions of satisfaction, document acceptance criteria, and to understand the impact to other systems, projects, domains, and operational teams
• Manage the evolution of the User Story and other backlog items (includes but not limited to breaking down the stories, eliciting conversations, facilitating story refinement sessions)
• Answer ad hoc questions and provide clarification/direction to development and support teams regarding user stories and functions
• Collaborate with the technical team/Product owner to document detailed technical requirements
• Collaborate with the Product Owner and Scrum Master in Release Planning
• Provide technical support to client application teams during implementations of new services and provide subject matter expertise for support escalations
• Collaborate with the IT Communications team to plan and review customer messages on upcoming releases.
• Backfill Project Manager tasks as needed, including coordination and documentation of release deliverables such as project schedules, status reports, and presentations
Here’s What You’ll Need:
Qualifications (minimum requirements, per the contract):
• Certified Scrum Master
• Bachelor’s degree in a Computer Science, Information Technology or related field or equivalent experience and five (5) to twelve (12) years of directly related experience or any equivalent combination of education, experience, training and certifications.
Desired Requirements (nice to have but not required):
• DHS EOD
• Experience with Jira, Confluence, MS Project
Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Equipment & Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed. Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check. Must be a US citizen.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a drug-free workplace.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.