Jacobs Senior Geotechnical Engineer in Wellington, New Zealand
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
The world needs innovators and problem solvers who turn challenges into greater opportunities. We have an insatiable curiosity about solutions to move people and goods safely and efficiently across the globe. From rail systems mobilising accessible transit, to ports linking land and sea – when it comes to connecting the people and places of tomorrow, the future of transport depends on us.
Reporting to the Section Lead - Ground Engineering, as a Senior Geotechnical Engineer , you will provide geotechnical engineering skills and capacity to the NZ Ground Engineering team. The role includes proposal development, planning and overseeing site investigations, HSE planning, mentoring junior staff, analysis and report production and undertaking complex geotechnical/geological problems and project management.
Specific aspects of this position will require you manage bid processes, win, and deliver work and take a role in coaching, mentoring, and developing new and existing team members, including the promotion of knowledge sharing and technical excellence in Geotechnical Engineering. #LI-AP1 #APMETransport #ANZTransport #ANZGeoTechnical #APACTransport
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Appropriate qualifications (e.g., Degree Civil Engineering)
• Sound experience in various areas of geotechnical investigation, analysis, and design and associated infrastructure projects (earthworks, foundations, retention systems, slope stability, geological modelling, material parameter development, consolidation and settlement)
• Proven experience in planning, coordination and supervision of geotechnical investigations and technical reporting.
• Strong knowledge in preparing geotechnical designs and deliverables for transport & general infrastructure projects.
• Working collaboratively with other members of the Ground Engineering and Transport engineering sections, as well as members of Buildings, Water, Power and Consulting sections; providing inputs to project works and tender bids.
• Familiarity of the latest software applications and industry trends for your area of expertise.
Jacobs. A world where you can.
From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions – we’re committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally - and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we’ve gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximise your potential. You’ll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits and opportunities to do good too – from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you’ll discover how you can cultivate, nurture and achieve your goals – all at a single global company.
Please note: If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Jacobs.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete pre-employment checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to complete these checks or meet the associated criteria, then your offer of employment may be delayed or withdrawn.