Jacobs Assistant Project Manager in Wethersfield, Connecticut
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we’re transforming intangible ideas into innovative solutions designing the future - today.
We’re seeking an Assistant Project Manager with experience in the overseeing building design and construction projects to join our team in the Connecticut/Rhode Island area. You’ll have the opportunity to use your vast experience in the industry and apply it to solving today’s challenges.
You will deliver management of renovation and new construction projects in Rhode Island and Connecticut, supporting multiple projects concurrently in areas such as Narragansett and Southeastern Connecticut .
You’ll play an integral role in mentoring staff, forming long-term relationships with clients and pursuing new work, including strategy development, positioning, proposing, and negotiating contracts.
You’ll provide effective, skilled project management to help reduce the costs of delivering projects and adding value to the business by applying demonstrated project management techniques.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow, and succeed.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
Here's What You'll Need:
• Professional Degree in Architecture (Bachelor or Master of Architecture) or Bachelor of Engineering
• Experience in managing all phases of work from site selection, pre-construction planning, budgeting, scheduling, programming, A/E/C team selection, design and construction management, FF&E procurement and installation, equipment planning and move coordination.
• Demonstrated ability to manage high quality projects on-time, and on budget
• Flexibility in playing several key roles: for example, you may serve as the site lead, working closely with clients and project stakeholders on one project, while supporting a team as a field engineer on another.
• You'll be responsible for analyzing and developing reports, meeting minutes, correspondence; invoices, financial spreadsheets; and project schedules
• Knowledge of materials, methods and techniques used in building construction and the ability to recognize faulty construction or hazardous conditions.
• Excellent written and verbal communication abilities and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
• Demonstrated experience supporting projects in the $500K to $50M range
• Self-motivated, initiator; demonstrated through professional society involvements or related activities
Ideally, You’ll Also Have:
• Professional Registered Architect (RA) or Registration (PE)
• Experience managing construction projects in Higher Education, K-12 and Healthcare markets is highly desired
• Knowledge of the Connecticut State and Rhode Island Building Codes and related references are desired.
• Working knowledge of scheduling software are highly desired
Bring your curiosity, passion for innovation, and talent for multi-tasking in a dynamic environment. We’ll help you grow, pursue and fulfill what inspires you – so we can make big impacts on the world, together.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language. (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf)
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.