Jacobs Sr Hydraulic Modeler/Engineer in Wethersfield, Connecticut
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Stormwater is playing an essential role in our health and well-being, now more than ever. As a solutions company, at Jacobs we believe in dreaming big while keeping our feet planted firmly on the ground, so we ask you explore our different way of thinking to everything we do!
By joining us, we’ll look to you to perform data collection, analysis, design, technical studies, prepare reports and perform quality control and quality assurance associated with drainage and flood control related components for transportation and public works projects.
As an integral member of our New England team, you'll work on technically challenging problems involving drainage, floodplain/floodway delineation, detention pond design, reservoir routing, levee design, urban drainage systems design, sheet flow analysis and flood mitigation. You’ll have the opportunity to mentor EITs and designers. We’ll rely on you to research codes and design approaches and to conduct contractor, client and peer drawing reviews. By doing so you’ll help us achieve our clients’ goals.
We are looking for a passionate and dedicated teammate to support local and regional clients. Join us and we’ll continue to develop your skills as you explore all that you can do across our global company, with opportunities to share your knowledge along the way.
Join us and we’ll continue to develop your skills as you explore all that you can do across our global company, with opportunities to share your knowledge along the way.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
• Substantial years of relevant experience
• Knowledge of design software such as StormCAD, Pond Pack, or equivalent design software
• MicroStation and AutoCAD working knowledge with LiDAR data, 3-D surfaces, and datum adjustments
• Project engineering experience related to performance of water resources, drainage, hydrology and hydraulics design related projects
• Knowledge and proficient use of Microsoft Excel, SharePoint, Word, and PowerPoint
• Experience with HEC programs, XP-SWMM,
• Connecticut Professional Engineer (PE) license
• Experience using the CTDOT Drainage Manual, in particular, Department’s policies, practices and procedures related to hydrologic and hydraulic analysis and design;
• Working knowledge of the Connecticut General Statutes and Regulations relating to Flood Management Certification and other water resource permitting administered by CTDEEP
• Working knowledge of FEMA NFIP Regulations and related analyses/procedures
• Experience in Scour analysis and scour countermeasure design for bridge projects
Ideally, You’ll Also Have:
• Master’s degree with emphasis in hydrology/hydraulics, water resources
• Working knowledge using GIS to support engineering studies, and preparation of environmental and engineering documents/maps
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.