Jacobs Structural PE- Ports & Maritime in Wethersfield, Connecticut
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Here at Jacobs, we strive to use inventive ways to help change the world. Our solutions in Ports & Maritime help coastal communities thrive. Bring your curiosity, ambitious spirit and, of course, your talent for multi-tasking with a collaborative attitude and together we will help you grow, pursue, and fulfill what drives you – so we can make big impacts on the world, together.
Our New England team is looking for a Professional Engineer who is excited about joining a team of over 500 in-house ports and maritime professionals based in service centers around the world. Some of the project focus areas for our New England team are Asset Management and Rehabilitation Design, Coastal Resiliency & Sustainability, and Development of Urban and Working Waterfronts. Each day you will get to learn, use and build your experience in engineering analysis and design, work collaboratively with design teams and obtain experience in cross-business and emerging markets. During your time with us, you will lead or assist in the preparation of structural calculations/designs, contract drawings and specifications, cost estimates, construction schedules, engineering reports, and construction/field reports. You will be given the opportunity to interface with clients and subconsultants, give presentations and work on technical proposals.
This position provides excellent growth opportunity and professional visibility as part of a world class ports and maritime practice.
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering or related engineering field from an ABET accredited university or college
• Substantial years of progressive professional experience as a Structural Engineer in the design and construction of concrete and steel structures
• Working knowledge of building codes and concrete, steel and timber design
• Experience in preparation of construction drawings and specifications and leading design tasks
• Passion for working on and around the water
• Professional Engineer License (or the ability to obtain one within one year) in New England (Massachusetts is preferred).
Ideally, you will also have:
• Coursework in coastal engineering and/or interest in coastal resilience and processes
• Excellent writing and communication skills (samples of writing to be provided by applicants)
• Proficiency and fundamental understanding of engineering programs: AutoCAD, Revit, Tekla Tedds, STAAD or SAP, MathCAD, GIS
• Familiarity with international codes such as the Eurocode and British Standard
• Field work and construction experience
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.