Jacobs Instrument and Controls Technician II in Wilmington, Delaware
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we challenge what is currently accepted, so we can shape innovative and lasting solutions for tomorrow. Through the delivery of our operations and maintenance services, you’ll make it simpler and more seamless for our municipal clients to operate safely and efficiently, empowering communities to focus on what matters most to them – people.
As an Instrumentation and Controls Technician in Wilmington, Delaware you’ll join a collaborative team and perform maintenance, repair and calibration on a variety of wastewater treatment plant equipment, instruments and control systems, to include mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems. You'll perform preventative and corrective maintenance on instruments such as flow metering, gas detection and other in line and portable water quality instrumentation. You’ll contribute to the success of our program interpreting and working from blueprints, drawings, sketches, plans, manuals and technical documents as well as installing and repairing equipment based on instructions, specifications, wiring diagrams and codes. You'll direct the work of related subcontractors and maintain accurate records of repairs and modifications. The Instrument and Controls Technician will also establish and maintain cooperative relationships with the Wilmington Team and contractors.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Minimum of Four (4) years of experience in the maintenance, repair and calibration of instrumentation, Programmable Logic Controllers, Variable Frequency Drives, and other related equipment in an industrial facility.
• Substantial knowledge of the methods, materials, equipment and instruments used in the maintenance, repair and calibration of electrical and electronic control systems.
• Knowledge of computers and computer software including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
• Possess a valid driver’s license with no major infractions.
Ideally, You’ll Also Have:
• A two-year degree in Instrumentation/Industrial Automation, Water/Wastewater Technology, Industrial Maintenance/Mechanics or related fields.
• Eight (8) years experience in the maintenance, repair and calibration of instrumentation, Programmable Logic Controllers, Variable Frequency Drives and other related equipment.
• Three years of experience in a lead position as an Instrument & Control Technician in a water or wastewater treatment facility.
• Basic knowledge of wastewater treatment principles, processes and equipment.
• Knowledge of the methods, materials, equipment and tools used in the repair and operation of engines, pumps, valves and other mechanical equipment related to water treatment.
• Knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) such as Maintenance Connection or equal.
• Substantial knowledge and experience with programmable logic controllers (PLCs), Human Machine Interfaces (HMIs) and Supervisory Data Acquisition and Control (SCADA) systems.
• Basic knowledge of computer networking and fiber optic networks.
• Licensing or certificates in networks, programming, and/or instrumentation
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
Safety is a core value at Jacobs. We are committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace for all employees. This position will spend a substantial amount of time performing safety sensitive labor or services. Due to the nature of the job passing a Fitness for Duty testing is required to ensure candidates for this position are physically and functionally fit to perform the essential physical work functions of this safety sensitive position without posing a direct threat to the health or safety of themselves or others.
The physical and environmental demands required to perform the essential duties of this position include standing, walking, sitting, coordination, balance and agility demands, which may include the ability to stoop, kneel, squat, grasp, reach, perform repetitive hand movements. Additional demands may involve a specific level of dexterity, grip strength, climbing and cardiorespiratory demands. The work areas may be indoor, outdoor, have loud noise, active machinery, high pressure fluid systems, electrical equipment, confined spaces, heights and depths, fumes, air borne particles, noxious gases, and chemicals. The use of appropriate safety equipment will be mandatory in these areas to prevent hazardous contact.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .
U.S. Government Executive Order on ensuring adequate COVID safety protocols:
As a federal contractor of the U.S. government, Jacobs is subject to the Executive Order requiring companies who support U.S. government contracts to ensure their covered employees are fully COVID-19 vaccinated or approved for a legally-entitled medical or religious accommodation.
Full vaccination is NOT required at this time for positions that are not covered by the federal contractor Executive Order, that do not require performance of work in a Jacobs office, and that do not have full vaccination as a client requirement where work is performed at a client site.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.