Jacobs Project Manager in Winnipeg, Manitoba
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Are you enthusiastic about planning and delivering innovative schemes to clients, and want to be an integral part of a team that delivers unique projects that make a difference?
Here’s your chance to support the delivery of projects and programs for our clients across Canada by joining a dynamic and growing team in Winnipeg, one of Canada’s most culturally diverse cities. An opportunity exists to strengthen your project management skills by working on challenging projects, where you can plan, direct, and monitor all aspects with varying degrees of technical complexity from the concept stage through detailed design, construction services, and commissioning. If you have been searching for a career changing opportunity and are interested in working with industry leading experts, you’ll find it here.
As a Project Manager in Winnipeg, MB , you will be a key member of our team of highly motivated engineers and project managers and assist in growing the local office. You will develop execution plans for projects, including scope, fee, schedule, quality, health and safety, risk management, and change management plans. You will also negotiate and manage sub-agreements; track, control and report on project performance; and ensure timely invoicing and cash collection. Simultaneously, you will provide technical guidance for deliverables, and develop, mentor and empower the project team while being a strong safety proponent /leader for our safety policies and our culture of caring.
Furthermore, with your unflinching focus on our clients’ satisfaction, you will maintain regular and effective communication with clients. You will actively support the business development and client service team in developing and expanding opportunities with existing and new clients, and you will have the opportunity to provide input into growth and delivery strategy within the geography.
At Jacobs, we provide the opportunity to design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow. Submit a cover letter and resume to begin your journey.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• A Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline and/or equivalent experience
• 10+ years of proven experience managing and coordinating multiple disciplines on projects of various types and sizes, including the ability to successfully manage scope, schedule, and budget
• Proven track record, building client relationships, and winning work, including writing technical proposals
• The ability to operate autonomously, with authority, skilled in developing and building relationships
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
Ideally you’ll also have:
• 10+ years of directly applicable experience working with municipal and/or industrial clients in project management roles
• Formal project management training in an accredited program that aligns with the requirements of certified project management bodies (e.g. Project Management Institute)
• A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
• 5+ years working in a consulting engineering environment
• Licensed (or eligible to be licensed) as a professional engineer in the Province of Manitoba
• Clear understanding of how to identify contracts well in advance, respond to request for proposals/solicitations, interview and win new work
• Demonstrated team building, leadership, and mentorship skills
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.