Jacobs Wastewater Process Engineer in Winnipeg, Manitoba
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Want to be an integral part of a team that delivers unique projects that make a difference in your community?
Here’s your chance to support the delivery of projects and programs for our clients across Canada and have a hand in transforming tomorrow. An opportunity exists to grow your technical skills by joining a dynamic and growing team in Winnipeg, one of Canada’s most culturally diverse cities. If you have been searching for a career changing opportunity and are interested in working with industry leading experts, you’ll find it here.
As a Wastewater Process Engineer in Winnipeg, MB , you will work with members of our team to deliver ongoing and upcoming projects in the water industry. You will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from experienced technical subject matter experts to support municipal and industrial treatment process planning, modeling, and design based on established standards and software.
You will use your expertise in hydraulics, modelling, water chemistry and quality, treatment processes and equipment, and applicable regulations to produce meaningful solutions to local, regional, and national treatment project challenges. You will participate in the development of engineering studies, reports, drawings, specifications, contract documents, proposals, and cost estimates with limited direction; and provide construction administration services and field engineering services during construction as needed.
You will also have the opportunity to manage projects, leading the project team through all phases of project planning, execution, and closeout, consistent with established project delivery processes to meet the scope, schedule, budget, and other requirements stated in the contract.
At Jacobs, we provide the opportunity to design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow. Submit a cover letter and resume to begin your journey.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Bachelor’s degree in Chemical, Environmental, Biosystems, Mechanical or Civil Engineering
• Licensed (or eligible to be licensed) as a professional engineer in the Province of Manitoba
• 5+ years of progressive treatment process engineering experience working on municipal and industrial water industry projects, or similar water industry public- or private-sector experience
• Demonstrated understanding of process and process mechanical design and water unit processes and technologies
• Experience delivering design projects and construction-phase engineering services
• Attention to detail, self motivation, and the ability to work independently
Ideally you’ll also have:
• 8+ years of progressive treatment process engineering experience working on municipal and industrial water industry projects
• 3+ years working in a consulting engineering environment
• Experience assisting project managers and multidisciplinary and multi-office project teams on projects
• Experience managing and coordinating multiple disciplines on projects, including the ability to successfully manage scope, schedule, and budget
• Experience with wastewater modelling software
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.