Jacobs Senior Electrical Engineer in Wokingham, United Kingdom
Critical Mission Solutions
Your mission is our mission.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges, and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed –today and into tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Our Critical Mission Solutions business – we are invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defence, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It is our challenge as human beings, too. That is why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It is our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
About the opportunity:
Key Responsibilities include:
Performs the assessment and design and monitors ongoing process of a project, including the coordination of the project with project delivery team.
• Leading/working with a team of EC&I engineers/designers in developing engineering deliverables throughout various stages of the project.
• Information gathering, undertaking desktop studies.
• Preparing RAMS, carrying out visual and intrusive inspections analysing data and reporting.
• Prepare drawings, functional and technical specifications, and contract documents.
• Performs calculations and evaluations in the design of equipment and systems for industrial applications.
• Interfaces and co-ordinates with Safety Case and System Engineering teams.
• Participates in planning, cost development and management, and scheduling for assigned projects.
• Maintains effective communication with project team members and with the project delivery team and customer.
• Performs other duties assigned by the Discipline Head.
• Works with minimal supervision and delivers to deadlines.
• Responsible for authoring/reviewing/checking on technical deliverables.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Possess in depth knowledge of the electrical engineering discipline.
• Experience in HV generation/distribution systems (50&60Hz) and associated control and protection systems.
• Experience in HV/LV cable sizing and design and using cable sizing software (ETAP/AMTECH).
• Experience in LV systems and electrical building services.
• Experience of working on Nuclear Safety Implicated systems.
• Experience of working with and implementing Safety Case requirements.
• Commercial awareness.
• Experience in a contracting environment, relevant site experience.
• Possess suitable security clearance or capable of obtaining relevant NSV clearance.
• Must be a sole UK national as the work you’ll be doing is classified as ‘UK Eyes Only’
• Willing to travel if/when required.
The following areas are desirable but not essential.
• Background in project design/engineering work in specialist area preferred (Nuclear and Defence Sector).
• Professionally qualified (e.g. Incorporated/Chartered) Engineer with a degree (preferred but not necessary) in the relevant discipline.
• Experience in using AutoCAD/Revit software.
• Demonstrated record of maintaining own skills and knowledge at the forefront of the field.
• Willingness to work in locations throughout the UK.
We clear the way for inventive thinking so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We’re invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.co.uk to view and access our roles.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
If you have any queries regarding the application process, please contact the team here.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.